Underhood light install

I haven't been able to find a 2 sided led yet, the standard ones only light up one side but they're still a lot brighter than the O.E. bulb
I found a version of the LED with twisted ends, so the elements face out instead of to the side. Like this one:
561 LED Festoon Twisted Loop

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Reactions: Viking Jeeper
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
I found a version of the LED with twisted ends, so the elements face out instead of to the side. Like this one:
561 LED Festoon Twisted Loop
Nice find
I've been considering mounting a couple of the kC Cyclone lights under the hood wired into the stock under hood light switch

Last edited:
Reactions: AndyG and LJBean
@AndyG, you so funny. Here's what I did, $
20201220_101117.jpg
20201220_195007.jpg
14 leds from Oriellys, and a spring to hold my broken plug on while hood is down. (For quick disconnect, and holds it up if forgotten) the bracket the light bars are attached to is actually an aluminum case cover salvaged from a mini charger that died. Covered the spring with a section of fuel hose, to dampen and protect it.
20201220_164719.jpg
20201220_165544.jpg
20201220_165354.jpg
20201220_171538.jpg

@AndyG, you so funny. Here's what I did, $View attachment 217955View attachment 21795614 leds from Oriellys, and a spring to hold my broken plug on while hood is down. (For quick disconnect, and holds it up if forgotten) the bracket the light bars are attached to is actually an aluminum case cover salvaged from a mini charger that died. Covered the spring with a section of fuel hose, to dampen and protect it.View attachment 217951View attachment 217952View attachment 217953View attachment 217954
This guy and me were cellmates...I mean room mates. Good times.

• Haha
Reactions: SamwiseGamJeep
@AndyG, you so funny. Here's what I did, $View attachment 217955View attachment 21795614 leds from Oriellys, and a spring to hold my broken plug on while hood is down. (For quick disconnect, and holds it up if forgotten) the bracket the light bars are attached to is actually an aluminum case cover salvaged from a mini charger that died. Covered the spring with a section of fuel hose, to dampen and protect it.View attachment 217951View attachment 217952View attachment 217953View attachment 217954
I like those little light bars

Reactions: SamwiseGamJeep
I like the GM retractable hood light mod that I found here. It looks like this one but I bought a new one on Ebay for $10. I wonder if they have all been sold. The seller had a bunch.
I installed one of these and kept the OEM hood light too. I discovered the LED lights I bought for my back up lights are the same bulb as the GM retractable light.

Hey bud do you have a link where I can find this. Can't seem to find it on the google machine
Yes - see the reply from Voodooridr - that's the one I've got. Ebay has a listing, too, but direct ship from China. I'd rather work with Amazon with someone who has them in stock here in the States.