Warn 8274 Winch Mount

shortstuf 92

Has anybody used the warn #38671 winch mount with the warn 8274 winch on their TJ? If so how has it held up, looking at the pictures it doesn't seem that the mounting to the frame d seems real sturdy. Or am I better off just making my own mount? Any help would be appreciated.

Has anybody used the warn #38671 winch mount with the warn 8274 winch on their TJ? If so how has it held up, looking at the pictures it doesn't seem that the mounting to the frame d seems real sturdy. Or am I better off just making my own mount? Any help would be appreciated.

I've not used the Warn mount on my TJ but I did have the similar mount on my YJ & it worked great with a lot of hard pulls on it with never any issues.
It mounts to the stock bumper mounting locations so I'm not sure what you are seeing as an issue?

@Blackjack do you have any input?

Last edited:

Works just fine and it mounts just like any other non 8274 winch plate out there.

Reactions: heady1 and Wildman
Caution that the 8274 has a non-standard bolt pattern where it bolts to the mount, you need a winch mount specifically designed for the 8274.

I am running this one which looks roughly like the same design. I have done some heavy pulls on it and it flexes but holds strong. I would have no concerns running any Warn branded mount.

1678668975935.jpeg

IMG_1991.JPG

Stock bumper with that mount

Reactions: heady1
Reactions: Blackjack