What are the best fuel injectors?

I'd be comfortable having any OEM injector. I just don't trust a Duralast injector :D
Totally agree. I've come to the point to where the only things I buy at stores like Autozone are lubricants, RTVs, windshield wipers, and brake cleaner. I'd only install a store-brand part temporarily during an emergency to get me home.

Totally agree. I've come to the point to where the only things I buy at stores like Autozone are lubricants, RTVs, windshield wipers, and brake cleaner. I'd only install a store-brand part temporarily during an emergency to get me home.

Yep, same here. I only go there anymore for lubricants or cleaning supplies. I've had to use a few of their parts in emergency situations, but that's about all I trust them for.

So far as my experience with TJs over the past 20 years goes, I've yet to see where new or replacement injectors ever cured any problem. Lots of times bad injectors have been suspected but I don't recall a single (!) instance of the poster ever coming back to say new injectors fixed the problem at hand. There was always a different unrelated fix for the problem. :)

Hey Jerry, I was thinking about replacing my injectors until I saw this thread. I appear to have a fuel leak from an injector. you think from where the wetness in the photo is that its the o ring rather than a bad injector? this is a 97 se 2.5

injector leak.png

Hard to say. I'd start by replacing the o-rings first as they're the least expensive potential fix. They're available in kits for all four and it's an easy job.

Your biggest mistake was replacing critical Mopar parts with store-brand aftermarket parts. Not to mention from the worst of the worst for after market storebrand auto parts, Autozone. I might use AutoZone floormats but that's it.

Especially stay with Mopar whenever possible for critical things like fuel injectors, fuel pumps, water pumps, starter motors, radiators, and alternators. I use plenty of aftermarket parts on my TJ but not in those areas.

If you by chance still have your Mopar fuel injectors, I would reinstall them... you don't get better quality than them. And you won't get better performance with aftermarket... the engine computer fixes the amount of fuel that is sprayed, not the fuel injectors. If you don't have the original Mopar injectors, I'd get a replacement set of Mopars.

Likely sources are www.wermopar.com and www.amazon.com. Or since you didn't include your model year & which engine you have, if you'll provide that information I can help provide you with a couple sources of discounted Mopar fuel injectors.

Well I just got my sweet ass 04 wrangler x, and before my husband walked out on me he told me the #1 fuel injector was throwing a code. So could you please tell me what injectors I should buy. I don't have much for money but I wanna put the most reliable ones in that I can afford. Since I don't think they've ever been replace I figure I should just replace them all at once. My little brother, tho not physically able to help me, he's gonna walk me thru replacing them. Thanks for any help anyone would like to offer! :) peace out - Mercy

Well I just got my sweet ass 04 wrangler x, and before my husband walked out on me he told me the #1 fuel injector was throwing a code. So could you please tell me what injectors I should buy. I don't have much for money but I wanna put the most reliable ones in that I can afford. Since I don't think they've ever been replace I figure I should just replace them all at once. My little brother, tho not physically able to help me, he's gonna walk me thru replacing them. Thanks for any help anyone would like to offer! :) peace out - Mercy

If you don't have much money, I'd verify that the injector actually needs replaced. What's the code? Have you properly tested the injector?

If it is, find mopar injectors. Rock Auto usually has them.

Reactions: Chris
If you don't have much money, I'd verify that the injector actually needs replaced. What's the code? Have you properly tested the injector?

If it is, find mopar injectors. Rock Auto usually has them.

Well dumbass never actually told me the code. But I figure since I already tried the techron, then the fuel injector cleaner. Drove down to fla and back,sure my gas mileage prolly could been better but she ran good. It's just that takes me 3 time turning her over before she starts up, and I noticed sitting in traffic in VA it seemed to run a little rough sitting there, I really felt I had to feather the accelerator. Never stalled tho. Brand new battery, I guess because I'm a female the old man in napa insisted i buy the 230$ one lol. I replaced the starter and ignition switch and ignition accuator. I'm sure it's filthy but man I don't wanna think of replacing the fuel pump. I don't really think it's that but do plan on replacing the fuel filter if I can beforei hit the road again ya know. Planning on heading to Tucson AZ soon, and last thing this girl wants is a damn breakdown!

I've owned more cars in my life than I can even count. I've had to replace and repair all sorts of things. The one thing that I've never once had to replace on any vehicle is the fuel injectors.

That's not to say they don't go bad, but it would be highly uncommon and very rare. If you're getting an injector code it would help to know what specifically the code was. My guess is that it's more likely that it's a short in the wiring to that injector as oppose to the injector itself.

If you're looking to replace the injectors though my suggestion is to go to https://www.rockauto.com/ and grab a set. They are one of the few companies I trust for replacement parts. Stay away from local auto part stores such as Autozone (I can't stress this one enough, stay away from Autozone!). NAPA on the other hand is good for the most part.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
The Mopar injectors are cheap enough it's easy to just eat the cost (easy being relative of course) but I've sent injectors for other projects out to Witch Hunter for cleaning/testing and I'd recommend their services to anyone. $23 per injector gets you cleaning and before/after test results.

I've owned more cars in my life than I can even count. I've had to replace and repair all sorts of things. The one thing that I've never once had to replace on any vehicle is the fuel injectors.

That's not to say they don't go bad, but it would be highly uncommon and very rare. If you're getting an injector code it would help to know what specifically the code was. My guess is that it's more likely that it's a short in the wiring to that injector as oppose to the injector itself.

If you're looking to replace the injectors though my suggestion is to go to https://www.rockauto.com/ and grab a set. They are one of the few companies I trust for replacement parts. Stay away from local auto part stores such as Autozone (I can't stress this one enough, stay away from Autozone!). NAPA on the other hand is good for the most part.

Well that's an awesome bit òf news for me! Thank you so much for sharing. Now to see who can read the code for me stupid Napa or advanced auto? Dummy did leave his code reader here when he took off drunk, but I've no idea how to use it.

Reactions: Chris
Well that's an awesome bit òf news for me! Thank you so much for sharing. Now to see who can read the code for me stupid Napa or advanced auto? Dummy did leave his code reader here when he took off drunk, but I've no idea how to use it.

You should be able to get the code(s) by cycling the ignition. Off > accessory > on > accessory > on > accessory > on, then they should cycle on the ODO.

...If I recall correctly

Well dumbass never actually told me the code. But I figure since I already tried the techron, then the fuel injector cleaner. Drove down to fla and back,sure my gas mileage prolly could been better but she ran good. It's just that takes me 3 time turning her over before she starts up, and I noticed sitting in traffic in VA it seemed to run a little rough sitting there, I really felt I had to feather the accelerator. Never stalled tho. Brand new battery, I guess because I'm a female the old man in napa insisted i buy the 230$ one lol. I replaced the starter and ignition switch and ignition accuator. I'm sure it's filthy but man I don't wanna think of replacing the fuel pump. I don't really think it's that but do plan on replacing the fuel filter if I can beforei hit the road again ya know. Planning on heading to Tucson AZ soon, and last thing this girl wants is a damn breakdown!

The $230 battery was likely a good recommendation as the cheap batteries don’t last. Fuel filter is not replaceable without removing fuel pump.

The $230 battery was likely a good recommendation as the cheap batteries don’t last. Fuel filter is not replaceable without removing fuel pump.

Well guess what girl ain't replacing her fùel filter afterall lol. And honestly I'd rather have the most reliable battery anyway, even if I did find it kinda pricey ya know. How long ya think this battery aught to go me then?

Either of those places should easily be able to read the code for you 👍

OMG I did it !!! Thank you so much for teaching me that !! The code is p0301. Any ideas ? ( I'm just so dàmn proud of myself! :) )

Misfire code. Have you checked the spark plugs? That's the cause most of the time. Old plugs.

As I believe Chris said earlier, injector issues are rare.

Misfire code. Have you checked the spark plugs? That's the cause most of the time. Old plugs.

As I believe Chris said earlier, injector issues are rare.

Oh you guys are so great to help me!! I've not checked the plugs.... I'm guessing they're still there lol (sorry) as I wouldn't know a good plug from a bad one, and they can't be too awful pricey, should I just buy one, or however many and replace them? I know i don't know as much as all of you about cars, but there's nothing I çant cook or sew so if anyone ever needs help with that, I owe you.

Oh you guys are so great to help me!! I've not checked the plugs.... I'm guessing they're still there lol (sorry) as I wouldn't know a good plug from a bad one, and they can't be too awful pricey, should I just buy one, or however many and replace them? I know i don't know as much as all of you about cars, but there's nothing I çant cook or sew so if anyone ever needs help with that, I owe you.

I'd remove the offending plug and inspect it. You could snap a picture and post it here. That code is for cylinder #1 which unless I'm mistaken is the one closest to the front. A YouTube video on changing spark plugs may be handy for you.

If #1 is bad, replace them all.

Be careful putting the plugs back in, not to over tighten or cross thread them. Then you've got a headache of a repair.

And be extra careful not to drop anything in the cylinder.

Your biggest mistake was replacing critical Mopar parts with store-brand aftermarket parts. Not to mention from the worst of the worst for after market storebrand auto parts, Autozone. I might use AutoZone floormats but that's it.

Especially stay with Mopar whenever possible for critical things like fuel injectors, fuel pumps, water pumps, starter motors, radiators, and alternators. I use plenty of aftermarket parts on my TJ but not in those areas.

If you by chance still have your Mopar fuel injectors, I would reinstall them... you don't get better quality than them. And you won't get better performance with aftermarket... the engine computer fixes the amount of fuel that is sprayed, not the fuel injectors. If you don't have the original Mopar injectors, I'd get a replacement set of Mopars.

Likely sources are www.wermopar.com and www.amazon.com. Or since you didn't include your model year & which engine you have, if you'll provide that information I can help provide you with a couple sources of discounted Mopar fuel injectors.

I could use some help with this. I have an 06 LJ, found the OEM fuel injectors - 53013690AA. They are crazy expensive, like $70-100 per piece… only replacing because I was investigating a ticking noise and found my fuel injectors have cracks…

Rock Auto Mopar

Amazon Mopar

Also going to do myself a favor and buy the insulation kit since the PO must have removed it.

DEI insulation kit

Reactions: Oberst Oswald