What are the best fuel injectors?

I could use some help with this. I have an 06 LJ, found the OEM fuel injectors - 53013690AA. They are crazy expensive, like $70-100 per piece… only replacing because I was investigating a ticking noise and found my fuel injectors have cracks…

Rock Auto Mopar

Amazon Mopar

Also going to do myself a favor and buy the insulation kit since the PO must have removed it.

DEI insulation kit

I bit the bullet and bought 6 Mopar injectors (they sent single jet which I wanted) from Rock Auto a few weeks ago. Also the DEI kit. No complaints and the DEI kit had no problem installing on my 2006.

Reactions: Duner
Looks like this is my only option on their site. Says rebuilt but also says lifetime warranty

Bosch 3rd Gen 4 Hole Injectors

Don’t think anyone has knocks against the quality of using a 4 hole injector vs the single only that gains in performance of 4 hole over a single are nill to little difference and not worth it as a upgrade. as a replacement at it wouldn’t bother me to stick a 4 hole injector on my motor

I didn't think the newer TJs switched injectors...I have a 97...but yeah I guess it makes sense.

Go for it... Precision is a great company.

-Mac

I find it funny how everyone was saying to get mopar since the upgrades weren’t worth the extra money yet mopar is significantly more than the “upgrades”… I guess times have changed

I guess I'm confused. There's no practical upgrades to Jeep stock fuel injectors. If you get more holes the computer just adjusts.

You might get something if you stroke your block to a 4.7 or upgrade your injectors as long as they're attached to an LS, 5.2 or 5.9. Or maybe incremental gains with a dyno tune.

Precision is a great source for stock injectors.

-Mac

I guess I'm confused. There's no practical upgrades to Jeep stock fuel injectors. If you get more holes the computer just adjusts.

You might get something if you stroke your block to a 4.7 or upgrade your injectors as long as they're attached to an LS, 5.2 or 5.9. Or maybe incremental gains with a dyno tune.

Precision is a great source for stock injectors.

-Mac

I was just emphasizing how a general consensus was upgrading to 4 hole over single hole injectors is a waste of money because it isn’t an upgrade for the reason you said. People said to just stick with mopar because it’s cheaper and just as effective.

What I’m saying is that it’s funny how right now my options are spending less on 4 hole than mopar single, the opposite of what it used to be haha.

Update: decided to type in “jeep” in the discount code box and it worked, $32 off my order LOL

Last edited: