What are the real variables that control and influence ride quality?

The jeep should have come at that obstacle at a better angle for more flex.
The consequences are great.
Screenshot_20220409-202950.jpg

We entertained the idea of taking it to a track out here with a lot of elevation changes. Unfortunately, vehicles with increased ride height are not allowed on the track. It's a shame, because I think me following a pack of Miatas would be a whole bunch of fun!
Now that would be a video to see! ;)

Reactions: jjvw
My bad, I thought he was being serious. I wasn't trying to stir up shit. Just being too literal again.

I once had a 78 mgb w/ 230k on it. My TJ handles better than that thing did :ROFLMAO:
I've driven my share of MGBs, TR6s, and other british cars of that era. This is a true statement! ;)

I've driven my share of MGBs, TR6s, and other british cars of that era. This is a true statement! ;)
On the big mountain highways a little further west, I have often described the Jeep as a momentum vehicle. You need to take advantage of the downhills to keep the speed up on the ups. And you sometimes also need to push through traffic with confidence to not lose that momentum.

On the big mountain highways a little further west, I have often described the Jeep as a momentum vehicle. You need to take advantage of the downhills to keep the speed up on the ups. And you sometimes also need to push through traffic with confidence to not lose that momentum.
I get that. Mine is driven to work on an interstate where everyone does 75 to 80. I've learned to "gas and go". If I don't, I'm the driver that slows everyone down!

Reactions: jjvw
You were able to get them out of the parking spot!?
Most of the time! ;)

One of my favorite funny memories is of a MGB. I worked in a restaurant when I was a kid. We had a Manager that liked to play jokes on others. One night I convinced my co-workers to help me prank him. It was the middle of winter, freezing, so we took turns going outside all evening, dumping buckets of water on his MGB GT. We he came out to his car it was covered in at least a 1/4" of ice. He was so pissed it was actually funny! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: rasband
I get that. Mine is driven to work on an interstate where everyone does 75 to 80. I've learned to "gas and go". If I don't, I'm the driver that slows everyone down!

I usually drive at 65 and to be honest, am not comfortable beyond 70 or so in my current jeep (most speed limit is 55/65, but of course people go much faster than that). Partly because there is a little vibe that is still there (even with the front hubs) and it annoys the crap out of me past 70, and partly because the jeep gets a bit twitchy if I have to do emergency maneuvers at those high speeds. Had pucker inducing experiences twice - once when someone cut in front of me really sharp trying to take an exit and second when an idiot drifted into my lane too far crossing the yellow line and almost hit me on a two lane state highway.

It's not like I am afraid to drive fast, I have gone 90 many times in my brothers Mercedes when he used to live in California, because close to LA you kind of get forced to on some of the highways.

Reactions: Irun
I usually drive at 65 and to be honest, am not comfortable beyond 70 or so in my current jeep (most speed limit is 55/65, but of course people go much faster than that). Partly because there is a little vibe that is still there (even with the front hubs) and it annoys the crap out of me past 70, and partly because the jeep gets a bit twitchy if I have to do emergency maneuvers at those high speeds. Had pucker inducing experiences twice - once when someone cut in front of me really sharp trying to take an exit and second when an idiot drifted into my lane too far crossing the yellow line and almost hit me on a two lane state highway.

It's not like I am afraid to drive fast, I have gone 90 many times in my brothers Mercedes when he used to live in California, because close to LA you kind of get forced to on some of the highways.
Dang....75 is normal here on the expressway. If you can't do that, you're getting passed by 18 wheelers. Two lane country roads are 60-65 mph here... Though my recent trip to Kentucky showed me that there is a big difference between Michigan's two lane highways and other states! There were some roads I didn't feel comfortable driving 45 on... And they were state highways!

Reactions: SvtLdr and Irun
He had me on ignore for several months until recently. Is he really this much of an asshole?
Yes he is. What a fuckin douche! He still has me on ignore. First cut is the deepest man! I was so hurt (First and only that ignored me here)😢
Happy to have survived the traumatic event!
Having completely forgotten the guy until this thread gave me the false sense of confidence that non-ASE certified humans could possibly have the intelligence to regear an axle!
Now that I have collected all the parts needed, I am having a confidence crisis...just from reading his name!!! I need to be brave🤣🤣🤣
POS troll IMO

Yes he is. What a fuckin douche! He still has me on ignore. First cut is the deepest man! I was so hurt (First and only that ignored me here)😢
Happy to have survived the traumatic event!
Having completely forgotten the guy until this thread gave me the false sense of confidence that non-ASE certified humans could possibly have the intelligence to regear an axle!
Now that I have collected all the parts needed, I am having a confidence crisis...just from reading his name!!! I need to be brave🤣🤣🤣
POS troll IMO
How do you know who has you on ignore? Kinda curious now...

How do you know who has you on ignore? Kinda curious now...
1st sign is if a post doesn't make sense or seems like it is a reply to the ether.
If you notice orphaned responses to things without context and start to wonder, you can open a thread in private or incognito mode to see what you are missing.
Yep

Reactions: Mike_H
Dang....75 is normal here on the expressway. If you can't do that, you're getting passed by 18 wheelers. Two lane country roads are 60-65 mph here... Though my recent trip to Kentucky showed me that there is a big difference between Michigan's two lane highways and other states! There were some roads I didn't feel comfortable driving 45 on... And they were state highways!

I have to clarify that the pucker moments were when I still had the old shock tune. It's not that I can't physically/mechanically do 75, I just don't feel comfortable doing so in the current Jeep. I can try again with the new shock tune.

When my brother lived in Richmond (VA) 4 years ago .. I was surprised how fast people drove over the speed limit. LA was even worse!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike_H
I have nothing intelligent to contribute, other than Swayloc FTW. Living in a fish bowl forces one to appreciate a well handling rig.