What did you do to your TJ today?

I wanted the stubby. I’ll post some pics when it comes in. My old bumper was a little too much for me. I don’t do much wheeling so I didn’t need all the extras.
Thanks. I’m undecided. What appeals to me about the motobilt mid length is its simplicity.

I have a follow up winch / bumper question that doesn’t really warrant a thread, if the winch has a roller deal on the front, do you still need to buy a fairlead mount?

I've been meaning to ask you, which bypass hose did you get? Did it fir the two different sized heater hoses well?

I might get one to throw in my tool box as a quick fix on the road if the core starts leaking.
I also have a slightly leaking heater core after my Thermocure flush. I bought this 5/8 to 3/4 adapter. Since I have new Mopar heater hoses on the shelf if I need to bypass the core I figure I can cut my two hoses pretty much anywhere I want and install this with two hose clamps.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G3HT7CJ/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I'm going to put my eggs in the Novak basket because I found a 30 tooth gear cheap, and, if that doesn't work I'll be doing it all over again at a later date
Even if I did not have a rubicon I think I would get this speedometer calibrator. It is re-programable down to the 0.1%. You can change gears and tires all you want and never have to buy anything again. The description says its for an LJ but their website lists the same part # for ALL TJ's.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=303331484038

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Does this correct the odometer too?
yes. In the sense that subsequent accumulated miles will be accurate, anything already on the Odometer will "stay there" and can't be fixed - regardless of correction method used.
I'm planning on using this myself - you can change tire sizes once a week and be able to re-calibrate.

Does this correct the odometer too?
yes. In the sense that subsequent accumulated miles will be accurate, anything already on the Odometer will "stay there" and can't be fixed - regardless of correction method used.
I'm planning on using this myself - you can change tire sizes once a week and be able to re-calibrate.
@Zorba put it better than I could have

Hey Bones, where in the N GA mountains was this? I’m overdue for a ride north.
North of Helen in the Chattahoochie. Go north on 17 for a few miles the turn right on Indian Grave Gap to Tray Mtn RD. It runs back into 17 a little closer to Helen. The side roads were closed because the storm had just come thru but it is nice easy 3hrs with some great views. My Avatar is one of the side roads we could get to.

picked up a Bestop Instatrunk locally (along with a few other goodies)

2eUDsq5h.jpg

North of Helen in the Chattahoochie. Go north on 17 for a few miles the turn right on Indian Grave Gap to Tray Mtn RD. It runs back into 17 a little closer to Helen. The side roads were closed because the storm had just come thru but it is nice easy 3hrs with some great views. My Avatar is one of the side roads we could get to.
Thanks! Any excuse to ride up to Helen! I’ll check it out.

Reactions: John Cooper
Saw someone else do it on here and thought that it was a good idea, so I mounted a front and rear camera to Heep. Reverse camera comes on only in reverse, Front camera is switchable on and off. Found a cool little folding monitor on Amazon. Mounted the front camera to the stinger bumper (so I found at least one pro for a stinger bumper:poop:) It works great. Now when I run over a Prius I can watch all of the fun.

Snapped up a few pics in the parking lot at work.

Heep cam2.jpg

Heep cam.jpg
Heep cam1.jpg