What did you do to your TJ today?

Installed my Sound Ordinance speaker. :D What a difference that made. So much better.

I took the deck off the Jeep so I could bolt it down to the underneath of it.

CD581D1D-FFF3-4463-8CA0-2BE7B11E98FF.jpeg

Then reinstalled it on the Jeep and hooked the wires up.

70D7B790-AB37-4F3E-911E-64C4EA85BCD4.jpeg

Cleaned up the wires and used some holders I found in the garage to hold them up to the bottom. Need to find smaller ones in order to get the wires up a bit more, but for now it works.

2A4104B0-AF2A-4D3A-B2EA-F63FB32523BA.jpeg

I didn't have any help and since I had to crawl under the deck to put the nut on the bolt, I had to come up with a way to hold the top of the eye bolt so it wouldn't just spin.

A3B73484-BC0E-4958-B49D-8516C78942CE.jpeg

It worked. LOL

I also installed my fuse panel thingy that hooks to the battery. Not liking how I had to put it, wish the tab that hooked to the battery was bent, but I think it will be ok.

20A37EC9-0289-4D7D-8B63-194FC3237592.jpeg

Played some Trans Seberian Orchestra and was just amazed on how nice it sounded. Now I can't wait to drive it again so I can blast the radio. LOL

Played some Trans Seberian Orchestra and was just amazed on how nice it sounded. Now I can't wait to drive it again so I can blast the radio. LOL
People think I’m nuts because I listen to them all year long and I’m like, “you don’t??” Those guys know how to rock.

Thanks to @dschwes for a wiring pin on the back of the cluster, and @mjtjnj for a deal on a used a/c panel, I finished up the hard top wiring job and added an aux switch pod where the ashtray was today. That is to say, I finished the job. Today. I didn't do, the entire job...today. LOL. Just....put the finishing touches on it.

The dash harness I bought was for a different year, so I grafted the necessary wires onto my Jeep, but needed 2 wires to connect to the cluster. Found one at work and dschwes sent me the 2nd. Thank you, sir!

Once I had verified everything would work, it was time to add the switch pod. I'd watched all the videos and seen the threads. Nothing left to do, but.....do.

Cut the ashtray pocket out:
20201114_140207.jpg

Carefully cut the edge off the new pod and moved it over a hair and used some JB plastic bonder to glue it back on. Used some small bits for reinforcement:
20201114_210928.jpg

20201114_210935.jpg

20201114_211554.jpg

Trimmed the opening on the right side just a hair for the right pod to snug up cozy-like.
20201114_211652.jpg

Needed to fix up some parts of the less than perfect (LOL) center bezel:
20201116_204244.jpg

20201117_111250.jpg

20201116_204227.jpg

Small bits made up new tabs. A bit short, but just long enough to reach the screw hole:
20201117_111231.jpg

Pods joined at the hip:
20201201_202951.jpg

20201201_203000.jpg

When I put LEDs in the a/c panel last year, I must have had the lights on when installing/removing the LEDs for polarity and burnt one of the tracers on the printed circuit inside the panel. I rinky dinked a fix by soldering a leader on the backside of the LED bulbs to provide power to the 3 bulbs. Worked, but somewhat fragile. Picked up a used panel off the forum here from mjtjnj. Swapped the printed circuit into my panel (saved my other mods that way) and installed new LEDs. Also picked up a couple OEM switches, swapped the aftermarket "ON" and "Dome Light" rockers onto the OEM switches, so now all are backlit at night.
20201201_205804.jpg

20201204_112931.jpg

20201204_112906.jpg

I'm digging it. Bummed to find out the cigarette circuit is only hot with the key on, so I'll have to rectify that on at least one of the power sockets the next time I have it all apart. So far, the JB plastic bonded fixes are holding, but time will tell.

Glad it's done.

For now...........

Thanks to @dschwes for a wiring pin on the back of the cluster, and @mjtjnj for a deal on a used a/c panel, I finished up the hard top wiring job and added an aux switch pod where the ashtray was today. That is to say, I finished the job. Today. I didn't do, the entire job...today. LOL. Just....put the finishing touches on it.

The dash harness I bought was for a different year, so I grafted the necessary wires onto my Jeep, but needed 2 wires to connect to the cluster. Found one at work and dschwes sent me the 2nd. Thank you, sir!

Once I had verified everything would work, it was time to add the switch pod. I'd watched all the videos and seen the threads. Nothing left to do, but.....do.

View attachment 207914

Carefully cut the edge off the new pod and moved it over a hair and used some JB plastic bonder to glue it back on. Used some small bits for reinforcement:
View attachment 207916

View attachment 207917

View attachment 207918

Trimmed the opening on the right side just a hair for the right pod to snug up cozy-like.
View attachment 207919

View attachment 207920

View attachment 207921

View attachment 207922

Small bits made up new tabs. A bit short, but just long enough to reach the screw hole:
View attachment 207923

Pods joined at the hip:
View attachment 207924

View attachment 207925

When I put LEDs in the a/c panel last year, I must have had the lights on when installing/removing the LEDs for polarity and burnt one of the tracers on the printed circuit inside the panel. I rinky dinked a fix by soldering a leader on the backside of the LED bulbs to provide power to the 3 bulbs. Worked, but somewhat fragile. Picked up a used panel off the forum here from mjtjnj. Swapped the printed circuit into my panel (saved my other mods that way) and installed new LEDs. Also picked up a couple OEM switches, swapped the aftermarket "ON" and "Dome Light" rockers onto the OEM switches, so now all are backlit at night.
View attachment 207926

View attachment 207927

View attachment 207928

I'm digging it. Bummed to find out the cigarette circuit is only hot with the key on, so I'll have to rectify that on at least one of the power sockets the next time I have it all apart. So far, the JB plastic bonded fixes are holding, but time will tell.

Glad it's done.

For now...........
Nice job.(y)

im not sure this is the right place for this but i guess its something i did that will end up in my jeep.
i finished up the design file for my WJ steering wheel harness interpreter board and sent it off to be manufactured.
pcb.png
pcb2.png

hopefully ill get the pcb's back next week and get it assembled and start programming it.
it should be able to translate the WJ steering wheel harness media and cruise control buttons over the TJ's one wire clock spring
and send the cruise control outputs to the PCM and the media button outputs to my head unit.

View attachment 207914

View attachment 207916

View attachment 207917

View attachment 207918

View attachment 207919

View attachment 207920

View attachment 207921

View attachment 207922

View attachment 207923

Pods joined at the hip:
View attachment 207924

View attachment 207925

View attachment 207926

View attachment 207927

View attachment 207928

Glad it's done.

For now...........
What switches are you using I like that they light up at night I have oem it’s like brail at night

Changed thermostat and seal. Seal was leaking and i got tired of adding coolant constantly.
New radiator cap came with the set and i changed that also. Old cap was covered with this rough/hard brown thing. Is this something to worry about? To me it looks like rust. I dont think it has anything to do with oil in coolant, but i may be wrong :)
IMG_20201205_162509.jpg

This thread is 1063 pages long and has over a million views :LOL:
Because it’s the best thread to share your ideas, plans and accomplishments with one another! It’s my go to thread to read almost every day.
And in case I never said it, thanks to everyone for posting to it, I’ve learned so much from it!!

Changed thermostat and seal. Seal was leaking and i got tired of adding coolant constantly.
New radiator cap came with the set and i changed that also. Old cap was covered with this rough/hard brown thing. Is this something to worry about? To me it looks like rust. I dont think it has anything to do with oil in coolant, but i may be wrong :)View attachment 207951
When was the last time you used a chemical flush on your cooling system?

Thermocure Cooling System Rust Remover and Flush, Safely Removes the Rust from Cars Cooling System, 32 oz Bottle - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

Last edited:
I have owned this vehicle for 2 years now and have no clue if flush have ever been done.
I think ill do that asap.
That's a great idea, especially from looking at that cap. I think it costs me around $25 for everything (antifreeze, flush). Mine was done by the PO several times and I did it anyway. I do mine every 2-3 years because it's WAY cheaper than replacing a clogged heater core. Mine now runs at 205 instead of the 210 that is normal.

What switches are you using I like that they light up at night I have oem it’s like brail at night
The icon on the OEM switches should light up when you turn your lights on. If not, a bulb may be blown like someone else mentioned. The little orange indicator above the icon only lights up when the switch is ”ON”.

There is a couple company’s that make OEM style switches, but the icons don’t light up. But, you can make them light up...

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...p-wrangler-unlimited.14995/page-2#post-679608

Last edited:
Reactions: GaTechTJ