What did you do to your TJ today?

Tons and fodees, Zorb, tons and fodees...
I prefer 34 DDs with a fodee. 🤫
p.s. Look up for the eyes. They're brown like the OE 800

OLD E.jpg

Last edited:
My wife and I bought a 2000 TJ 4.0 on Mon, 17-May. My net door neighbor has dubbed it, "The Desert Rat" as a hat-tip to the old series, The Rat Patrol. He says I gotta take the top off and mount a Gatlin gun in the back. I could be cool with that... ;)

Below are a few pictures of how it looks today, bone stock. All that gray trim is supposed to be black, BTW. We were supposed to get an almost-new soft top that was traded in with the Jeep, but it "disappeared".

I've read — and will soon be re-reading — @Chris' post, A recipe for an affordable but quality 2.5" lift. All the parts were ordered on 21-May and arrived this week.

I had to make one part substitution because I could not find the recommended bump stops. I substituted Daystar's Bolt-in Extended Polyurethane Bump Stops. I also opted for the TeraFlex 1" Body Lift Kit.

It's all sitting in the garage... waiting. I'm not going to start this weekend, because the wife and I have time off together for the first time in a while and we are going to go do some running around in the desert in the TJ. We've already made a couple of forays — one down the west side of our mesa and the other down the east side on (poorly maintained) dirt roads and 2-track UTV trails.

Today, we drove up a power-line maintenance road to the north side of the mesa and then along the railroad tracks for a few miles then down along the freeway for a bit till we got back to pavement. Along the way. we got into some deep sand and had a couple of short, near-vertical climbs and a couple of downhills that took our breath way. This 21-year-old TJ with 184K miles and 10-year-old BFG A/T TA K02s took it all in stride. We came home with big smiles on our faces.

This week, I replaced the wiper blades and the gas cylinders on the rear glass. Today, I installed the shifter boot plate to hold down the shifter boot — much cooler! I have also been trying all week to get two broken Footman loop screws out of the driver-side door so I can install a new Footman loop. That has me very, very frustrated...

View attachment 255746View attachment 255747View attachment 255748View attachment 255749View attachment 255750

Great story and I'm sorry about your husband. I'm an animal lover too. Rescue animals are the way to go.
Thanks, it's been ten years now and I miss him but remembering him is good thing 😁
I have two rescues from the reservation and will never be without a dog again after having a home invasion three years ago. They sense, hear, and smell any danger way before we mere humans can. Three weeks after having to put my 12 year old rescue lab down due to advanced cancer we had a break in that could have been tragic if I hadn't seen the intruder on the stairs in time to jump up and run out the back door. He was masked, had a shotgun, and cocked it yelling don't move. I was out the back door in a flash in the dark barefooted running through Arizona rocks and cactus to get to a neighbors house to call the police. He had gone up the outside spiral staircase to the balcony, sliced the window screen and was up in our loft and coming down the stairs into the family room when I saw his feet. A couple seconds more and he would have been on us. They never caught him, but a lesson learned. Keep your handguns out on the side table and your nightstand, have a dog or two, and be very careful about who you let in your house. We live in a safe neighborhood so I strongly believe we were targeted by someone who had been in our armory/safe room working on our internet. We'd had a lot of trouble with it and had someone out several times over a period of a few weeks. I figured they saw the safes and wanted us here to open them for him.
Since then I've gotten two dogs, security cameras, driveway alarms, security bars on that window, and security screen doors.😎

Last edited:
Angus was a rescue, I was his 5th home in his first 10 months of existence
Turns out Cattle Dogs are only cute on the outside and most humans aren't quite prepared for that
They own you, you don't own them!!! I will never have any other dog besides an ACD!!!

Angus was a rescue, I was his 5th home in his first 10 months of existence
Turns out Cattle Dogs are only cute on the outside and most humans aren't quite prepared for that
Ranger is an Australian Cattle dog and Australian Shepherd mix. I love the herding breeds, they're so smart and people focused. But you're right, they can be quite a handful for the unprepared.

Reactions: Blondie70