What did you do to your TJ today?

I guess they died?
No it was a classic Chevy, it died with the front end right next to the tracks. There is a YouTube video out there some of my Jeep pals shared on Facebook. The guy begs for help as he hears the train approaching but it’s too late. They used to let you go to the abandoned train down there too, but the owners got tired of their land getting trashed. I like Nemo, but it’s a fast trail, some other great trails nearby too.

I'll get some better pics tomorrow. Basically just a piece of steel 1/4" thick and I welded tabs to the bottom.
Ok I was able to blow up the pics on my laptop, I see how you did it now. 1/4"? you sure that is going to be strong enough to hold that little radio? :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: matkal
does it interfere with taking off the top or the doors? mine came with a roof rack too. I like the way it looks but haven't used it. it adds a step to lowering my soft top and the attachment bracket gets in the way of taking off the doors (I learned today).
I don't think so, but I have only had this Jeep for a couple months and we are struggling to break 60* so I have not had a lot of drive to test the soft top. PO never used it. There is a hinge on the back mount, so I believe I just need to separate the font mount and flip it over to switch tops. Looks like a pain in the rear to me.

8B2120C1-7A1E-4B39-9103-81626D1C1FA0.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Hog and RINC
Ok I was able to blow up the pics on my laptop, I see how you did it now. 1/4"? you sure that is going to be strong enough to hold that little radio? :unsure:
Lol...I had a piece of scrap that fit the other dimensions. It's definitely solid! I didn't want it shaking around!

Had an idea about making a floor for my trunk. I was going use one of those carpet protector things for office chairs to roll on. Mentioned it to a co-worker and he said that had one in his garage that he has been meaning to throw away. Perfect. Free upgrade.

View attachment 332183

Also.. what are those brackets for? The ones sitting on top of the mat at the bottom of the photo.