What did you do to your TJ today?

Changed out the OEM hood light to an after market $17.00 LED light with the tilt switch in it. THIS ONE

IMG_2725.jpg

View attachment 387368

Gotta say the fogs themselves improve the looks a lot, once I’ve got the tow hooks on I may even end up deciding a new front bumper would be an unnecessary $500 spent.
I don’t do any kind of real wheeling, and certainly no crawling so maybe a new bumper would be a… dare I say it… waste?
Now I’ll be pondering whether I should cross a front bumper off the list :cry:

It will not likely stand up to bashing on rocks, but for looks, nothing beats the stock bumper (minus the milk jugs, of course). If you want a modified look, they look great as a a stubby,too.

Last edited:
Looks good. (y) I used to always buy the Hella 500 driving lights for my Jeeps.
View attachment 387406

That’s a good lookin rig, I really like the navy blue TJ’s. Our vehicles for the last 10 years have been silver or white, and of course… the TJ I ended up with had to be silver haha 🤷‍♂️
Better than rotted out.

It will not likely stand up to bashing on rocks, but for looks, nothing beats the stock bumper (minus the milk jugs, of course). If you want a modified look, they look great as a a stubby,too.

Ya like I said I don’t do crawling so don’t have to worry bout the stocker getting bashed up.
Honestly not a huge fan of stubbies, definitely don’t like full width either, I think mid-width (like the stock w/ the milk jugs removed) looks best.

-Picked up a 3/8” to 1/2” adapter and sensor socket yesterday so I could torque my oil sending unit today (went to 13ft lbs; I’m particular about torque specs)
-Bolted on my new Hella 500 fogs, only for looks right now haha, gotta get the time to wire them in
-May also touch up a few paint chips on the hardtop today…

View attachment 387368

Gotta say the fogs themselves improve the looks a lot, once I’ve got the tow hooks on I may even end up deciding a new front bumper would be an unnecessary $500 spent.
I don’t do any kind of real wheeling, and certainly no crawling so maybe a new bumper would be a… dare I say it… waste?
Now I’ll be pondering whether I should cross a front bumper off the list :cry:
I have the Hella driving lights. I put the Laminex coating on them. Very happy with them.

Also stubby’d the front bumper by 3-4” per side. Bought me some time on replacing the bumpers

7A86E84B-A9C3-4064-9E9D-A931A6597E5C.jpeg