What did you do to your TJ today?

First off, the good stuff today. Worked on the TJ sun up to sun down, new bearings, new ball joints, 4.56 gear install, lunchbox, fun times!
PXL_20230805_204900361.jpg

PXL_20230805_191940741.jpg

The issue arose when I went to swap the u-joints in the front shafts at the end of the day. Those fools were seized, I don't know how they ever articulated in the vehicle outside of sheer force. Couldn't get the rings out to press out the joint, had to shatter them. Good joints don't look like this.
PXL_20230806_030956281.jpg

Turns out when the PO of this Jeep did joints last (or had them done) the ears on the drivers side shaft (Dana 30) were bent! Gonna have to leave the shafts out so I can at least drive the 3 miles to work in 2wd until my chromoly replacements get in Tuesday.

When I bought this TJ in March I flushed the cooling system, replaced the hoses, tstat and cap and filled with G05. It ran perfectly with the needle in the same spot and coolant temp from 195 to 203 on the Torque app. A month ago the OEM rad split the top tank and I replaced it with a Denso. The old rad looks really clean inside. Temp ran exactly the same in the same 100+ heat. Put the winch back on and now temps in Torque are running 200 - 212 in 95f heat.

Those are normal temps. Go by the temp gauge on the dash.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Took a trip out to a car museum today .
View attachment 447546

View attachment 447547

View attachment 447548
Found some Jeep bits
View attachment 447549

View attachment 447550
And this fully restored Texaco gas tanker…(Found in Texas restored here in New Zealand) it was a complete rusty mess.
View attachment 447551

View attachment 447552

The first couple of shots looked like miniatures at first glance. Wonderful collection! The dash on the Texaco tanker is reminiscent of - wait for it - a Tesla! All instrumentation in the middle. We've come full circle.

Took a trip out to a car museum today .
View attachment 447546

View attachment 447547

View attachment 447548
Found some Jeep bits
View attachment 447549

View attachment 447550
And this fully restored Texaco gas tanker…(Found in Texas restored here in New Zealand) it was a complete rusty mess.
View attachment 447551

View attachment 447552

Love the Diamond T tanker! My cousin had a Diamond T pickup as a project once until someone came along and offered him more money than he thought it was worth.

Started on a project to fix my front bumper. It’s been held on by three bolts since I bought it. I noticed one of the bolts was broken off for the upper bolts. I got the bumper removed and the broken bolt with nut plate attached. Luckily the rear half of the plate was still tacked to the inside of the bumper. I put some new bolts in 5 out of the 6 holes and looked around for a 1/2-13 nut to weld inside the bumper but it looks like I’ll have to finish up this project later when I can scrounge up another nut that’s beefy enough to be welded up inside there. I’ll be ready for a winch soon.

IMG_9900.jpeg

IMG_9901.jpeg

IMG_9902.jpeg