What did you do to your TJ today?

My OBD II Serial Port Connector broke again. So, I order a new Serial Port Connector Pigtail and installed it today. Hardest part was removing the wire from the old one.

IMG_2053.JPG

IMG_2055.JPG

IMG_2058.JPG

Last edited:
The peak intake temps stayed well under 150* today when testing the turbo intercooler in the daytime heat. This is much better than peak of 230-250* that I was seeing.

I switched the original Banks tune to their more updated custom tune. I previously disliked their updated tune bc the tune aggressively pulled timing when my intake temps were high. This not only killed power but it also increased my EGTs from 1450* to 1600*.

The updated tune that I just reinstalled doesn’t pull timing with the intercooler installed bc the intake temps are lower.

Here’s a video of my intake temps holding well under boost. You can hear what I believe is a pulley bearing at the end of the video.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
About a month and a half ago, I bought a 97 TJ with half doors. Passenger door swung slowly when opened. Finally got around to removing the door. It was tight. had to tap on the hinge pin bottom to drive it up. Finally after lots of PB plaster and pounding to came out. Removed the door and repeated with driver's door. Got new liners ordered. Due in tomorrow. Got to clean up the pins and remove the old inserts.

With the half doors I wasnt in such a hurry to remove the doors, but it's not a wrangler till the doors come off!!

My current list of leaks are this:

1. Valve cover gasket
2. Rear main seal
3. Transmission fluid pan

I plan on doing 3 this weekend. I could do 1 in the next few weeks. I have no idea when I'll get around to the RMS.

Be sure to check your pan for any deformities, especially around the bolt holes. I just went through the whole job, tried to flatten out the pan flange due to what looked like over torque that bent it, only to have fluid now seeping out around part of the pan. I'm waiting on a new deeper pan and gasket to try to remedy my woes 😞😀