What did you do to your TJ today?

Andy, you may remember from one of my previous posts, I'm a retired roofing and remodeling contractor too. I had to take a customer to court one time for not paying. I feel your pain.

I have had a few situations over the years-

When no money is forthcoming stop the job and then do what you have to do.

I think this one will be OK or I would not have used so much of my own capital....just the customer having a fatal car wreck or something and it would be bad.

There is a rule to never let anyone owe you more than you are willing to lose... something to consider.

I think this one will be OK or I would not have used so much of my own capital....just the customer having a fatal car wreck or something and it would be bad.

There is a rule to never let anyone owe you more than you are willing to lose... something to consider.

Any you never win in a trade!

Andy, my contact with the customers had a section stating that if they don't pay my company will put a lean on the property. It's not a guarantee of payment, but they can't sell the house either.

That's good to know!

You can install the Savvy shifter cable without dropping the skid plate, but it is so much easier to drop it. I've seen many people in this forum that installed it without dropping the skid plate and then said "Yeah, I should have dropped the skid."

Last edited:
You can install the Savvy shifter cable without dropping the skid plate, but it is so much easier to drop it. I've seen many people in this forum that installed it with dropping the skid plate and then said "Yeah, I should have dropped the skid."

Nothing like spending another 10 minutes to make your life easier !
Been there,done that and haven't and hated it....

Installed a fire extinguisher on the back of the console. Drilled the plastic, Installed Nutserts and some 10-24 screws.

IMG_1763.JPG

You can install the Savvy shifter cable without dropping the skid plate, but it is so much easier to drop it. I've seen many people in this forum that installed it without dropping the skid plate and then said "Yeah, I should have dropped the skid."

I made my life easier and just kept my stock set-up lubed, so I never had any need for a Savvy cable. I typically shift in and out of 4WD 50+ times a night for my job. It's smooth and never had any issues.

Andy, my contact with the customers had a section stating that if they don't pay my company will put a lean on the property. It's not a guarantee of payment, but they can't sell the house either.

Oh yes- I even mention that in a non-aggressive way- “Ma’am even though you’re waiting on one screw for the special order towel holder that you purchased on Amazon if you will go ahead and write us the last check we will furnish a waiver of lien - This protects you from any unpaid subcontractors or suppliers filing a lien against your property”

I will file one on this one within 30 days if they remain non-communicative- It is the nuclear bomb of collection tactics - buddy it will get attention. I have never seen one fail to get results.

One time I even saw a tile subcontractor do a terrible job for a builder - The homeowner refused payment and he filed and got paid. How? When it comes down to court quality is subjective but having proper licensing and a clear contract will stand.

I was amazed it looked like a kid did it.

Oh yes- I even mention that in a non-aggressive way- “Ma’am even though you’re waiting on one screw for the special order towel holder that you purchased on Amazon if you will go ahead and write us the last check we will furnish a waiver of lien - This protects you from any unpaid subcontractors or suppliers filing a lien against your property”

I will file one on this one within 30 days if they remain non-communicative- It is the nuclear bomb of collection tactics - buddy it will get attention. I have never seen one fail to get results.

One time I even saw a tile subcontractor do a terrible job for a builder - The homeowner refused payment and he filed and got paid. How? When it comes down to court quality is subjective but having proper licensing and a clear contract will stand.

I was amazed it looked like a kid did it.

Well written response. You obviously have great communication skills with your customers which partly comes from experience. You're right. I tried no to make a big deal of the lien either. But it gets their attention.

Reactions: AndyG
Well written response. You obviously have great communication skills with your customers which partly comes from experience. You're right. I tried no to make a big deal of the lien either. But it gets their attention.

You know sometimes you realize you make a lot of your living just in how you articulate things-

I read somewhere that people with a good vocabulary earn on average 20% more.

I know that how we express things has a huge bearing on the outcome- It took me a while - I was pretty brash when I was young.

As a whole thankfully we don’t have a lot of problems because I will not even consider working for somebody if they so much as hint that they’re going to be difficult.

I let this one get away from me. I should have stopped when we used up their money and was into mine.

Thankfully they are good people... I just hope they don’t think this is a negotiation.

Had my chromoly axles installed while on my trip to MO. The TJ is finally vibration free. After replacing just about everything underneath it, I still had a vibration that would rattle the tailgate table something awful from 60 mph up. I hit 80 mph once (on accident) and the ride went smooth as could be. I was like, "What happened"? On our last trip out my son was riding behind me on the trail and noticed that the driver rear tire was wobbling. It was obvious at low speeds, but not at 30 mph +. As soon as I started pulling out of the parking space I could tell that it rode differently. I am so happy. Now I am trying to find time to start working on my dual battery setup and installing my water tank I bought. I got a great deal on a Lithium Ion battery from a good quality company. I was watching a lot of videos where guys tear them apart so you could see the construction and quality of parts. This was rated top notch. When I went to the website it was discounted for Father's Day. Less than $200 delivered to my door. I've got all of the parts I need other than a little more cable, I just need to find time. This Jeep has come a long way in the past three years. Thanks to all of you guys for posting quality information and for selling me great parts at great prices.

You know sometimes you realize you make a lot of your living just in how you articulate things-

I read somewhere that people with a good vocabulary earn on average 20% more.

I know that how we express things has a huge bearing on the outcome- It took me a while - I was pretty brash when I was young.

As a whole thankfully we don’t have a lot of problems because I will not even consider working for somebody if they so much as hint that they’re going to be difficult.

I let this one get away from me. I should have stopped when we used up their money and was into mine.

Thankfully they are good people... I just hope they don’t think this is a negotiation.

Again, absolutely right on all points! There's no substitute for good communication skills and experience in anything in life. And, good customer relationships. Almost 90% my business was referrals. I'd hire you anytime! 🤣

Reactions: AndyG
Had my chromoly axles installed while on my trip to MO. The TJ is finally vibration free. After replacing just about everything underneath it, I still had a vibration that would rattle the tailgate table something awful from 60 mph up. I hit 80 mph once (on accident) and the ride went smooth as could be. I was like, "What happened"? On our last trip out my son was riding behind me on the trail and noticed that the driver rear tire was wobbling. It was obvious at low speeds, but not at 30 mph +. As soon as I started pulling out of the parking space I could tell that it rode differently. I am so happy. Now I am trying to find time to start working on my dual battery setup and installing my water tank I bought. I got a great deal on a Lithium Ion battery from a good quality company. I was watching a lot of videos where guys tear them apart so you could see the construction and quality of parts. This was rated top notch. When I went to the website it was discounted for Father's Day. Less than $200 delivered to my door. I've got all of the parts I need other than a little more cable, I just need to find time. This Jeep has come a long way in the past three years. Thanks to all of you guys for posting quality information and for selling me great parts at great prices.

What is the dual battery setup for?

I just installed a new winch and they recommended a dual battery setup.

I got my green half doors wrapped in silver. That should cut down on some of the funny looks.

View attachment 106907

I know this is 5 years old...but I was hoping you had a link to that wrap color? I just picked up some black half doors with uppers for $75! Was hoping to wrap them close-ish to the body color and I have the same as you

Reactions: Frank M