What did you do to your TJ today?

I have been looking at upgrading my factory fogs too. Right now I have some Hella H3 bulbs in them and they are better than factory, but just OK. I have been thinking about getting the KC HiLites 653 LEDs (https://a.co/d/0gXbH1jt), but am worried they will look too big even though they are still 6"/ They jusy seem more bulky to me.

Those are outside of my budget. I was looking for something around $100. I don't trust the $20-30 no name stuff that I am finding on Amazon, and I'm not willing to spend $450 on lights that I may use 1-3 times a year.

Reactions: gbirk
Those are outside of my budget. I was looking for something around $100. I don't trust the $20-30 no name stuff that I am finding on Amazon, and I'm not willing to spend $450 on lights that I may use 1-3 times a year.

Outside mine as well, which is why I don't have them yet, but I think it is worth saving up for a quality light from a company that will support the end user. I have just been burned too many times by Amazon no name brands.

Reactions: JasterMereel42

I've been using my Amazon Nilight LEDs almost nightly for 4 years. I got my $40 worth out of them. :cool:
Rubi lights 3.png

Rubi 12 18 22.jpg

I went from stock to a Hella H4 Vision Plus kit about a year ago and it was a good improvement, but I just installed the Holly RetroBright LEDS, and it is so much brighter. They are not cheap, but they are a huge improvement over the H4s. Highly recommended.

Only thing I have against LED’s is when dealing with rain or snow at night, you get way too much reflection where halogen cuts through them better.

Also if you deal with snow, like me, you want the heat of halogens to keep snow from plugging up your headlights. I ran LED’s this past winter and man they got plugged FAST.

Reactions: reddvltj
Speaking of lights, I have already taken off the factory fog lights. I want to replace them with some aftermarket LEDs that look similar to the factory 6" round lights. Anyone have any suggestions? These are the top candidates right now.

EDIT: My budget is about $75-150.

I kept the stock housings and installed LED bulbs. Definitely brighter.

Reactions: Zorba
I have been looking at upgrading my factory fogs too. Right now I have some Hella H3 bulbs in them and they are better than factory, but just OK. I have been thinking about getting the KC HiLites 653 LEDs (https://a.co/d/0gXbH1jt), but am worried they will look too big even though they are still 6"/ They jusy seem more bulky to me.

It’s not just the bulbs, change out the lens to driving/spread if you want more than throw and spread. I just put in https://a.co/d/04R1pAos

Damn it, there's definitely a leak somewhere in the AC system. Mechanic put dye in it and there isn't a leak on the engine side of the firewall. It is most likely in the cab which is pointing to the AC evap unit, but not guaranteed. I knew I should have replaced that last fall when I was replacing the heater core.

• Sad
Reactions: TheBoogieman
Getting better with the welds, first time really trying to mig weld flush-cut stainless exhaust, went better than I'd expected, still not pretty. First time trying to work from both ends and make it meet in the middle as well. I had a Magnaflow muffler on here before and it sounded like ass. Squeezed a Walker quiet flow in and it was too quiet with the intake through the cowl now. So back to an old Flowmaster Deltaflow I had laying around. Much better. I'll clamp the turndown on for now and run it out the rear when I outboard. Somehow. Seems tight.

Took it for a drive, belt squeals. It's neverending with this supercharger, not sure which pulley it is now.

Also brisket update

PXL_20240626_194207919.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20240626_194308683.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20240626_194340012.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20240626_194015843~2.jpg

IMG-20240626-WA0018.jpg

It's what, about a 12 hour drive from Aurora? I can keep it warm in the cooler.

Realistically it's probably got another 6 hours or so but you can never be sure with brisket. Maybe 3, maybe 12.
I love cooking brisket. Stay up all night watching it, waiting to wrap it, then taking a nap in the morning while it rest in the cooler until dinner. My wife, she hates it. She says it is a "reason" for a drinking for 2 days :D

Getting better with the welds, first time really trying to mig weld flush-cut stainless exhaust, went better than I'd expected, still not pretty. First time trying to work from both ends and make it meet in the middle as well. I had a Magnaflow muffler on here before and it sounded like ass. Squeezed a Walker quiet flow in and it was too quiet with the intake through the cowl now. So back to an old Flowmaster Deltaflow I had laying around. Much better. I'll clamp the turndown on for now and run it out the rear when I outboard. Somehow. Seems tight.

Took it for a drive, belt squeals. It's neverending with this supercharger, not sure which pulley it is now.

Also brisket update

View attachment 538157

View attachment 538159

View attachment 538160

View attachment 538161

View attachment 538164
What were your AIT temps before and after the cowl intake? I've been debating this for when I pull the trigger on Genright fenders with their inner fenders so I don't have to mess with remounting the stock intake.

I love cooking brisket. Stay up all night watching it, waiting to wrap it, then taking a nap in the morning while it rest in the cooler until dinner. My wife, she hates it. She says it is a "reason" for a drinking for 2 days :D

What were your AIT temps before and after the cowl intake? I've been debating this for when I pull the trigger on Genright fenders with their inner fenders so I don't have to mess with remounting the stock intake.

I couldn't really tell you in any relevant way off the top of my head, but I need to do some more logging and I could probably compare to my old logs. With the supercharger it was so hot in boost it was into detonation territory so I'm spraying meth to keep the temps down. I was pulling hot air in from right above the valve cover before and I figured even a few degrees cooler before rolling onto the throttle gives the meth a head start.

In reality the methanol is doing all the heavy lifting.

I couldn't really tell you in any relevant way off the top of my head, but I need to do some more logging and I could probably compare to my old logs. With the supercharger it was so hot in boost it was into detonation territory so I'm spraying meth to keep the temps down. I was pulling hot air in from right above the valve cover before and I figured even a few degrees cooler before rolling onto the throttle gives the meth a head start.

In reality the methanol is doing all the heavy lifting.
I read the above as you were a Meth Head :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Kiwi TJ