What did you do to your TJ today?

Technically yesterday. First ones up to Imogene this year (maybe) from Ouray. Followed the dozer on his first pass through the last bit of snow. Super Sketch. Slippery AF.

Dozer still working up from Telluride so we couldn’t go further.

2005. 4.56. 32”. My first born in his PW. 4.88. 40”

The guide on from his unit. Second sticker from the bottom.

In Moab now for 3 days.

IMG_0196.jpeg

Last edited:

I put Auxbeams in my Hella E-Codes also... Love them!!! The cutoff is crisp and the spread covers the road and quite a bit off the sides. High beams do seem to be a little higher than what I would like, but I don't feel like adjusting the housings down and losing the low beam reach I currently have. Haven't been high beamed for blinding anyone yet either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Since I have sleep issues, I finished prepping the trailer hitch for paint, and got 2 coats of paint on it this morning. It didn't turn out as good as the bumpers, but I don't care that much. The bumpers turned out great in my opinion. I'm going to let the paint cure for 48 hours and then the trailer hitch will go back on the Jeep.

After that, I'm waiting for the bumper caps to arrive which have seem to be lost. Thanks, UPS.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Retroactive to last weekend...

IMG_20240616_141956825.jpg IMG_20240616_180610570.jpg

Passenger seat finally got the Summit foam treatment. This side wasn't broken down badly but was very spongy compared to the new driver's side base, so I replaced it as well. That should do it for the seat work.

After that I tackled a Delrin door bushing replacement which kicked off with my first door removal experience on Tess. Actually went much better than I thought it would as did the old bushing removal.

IMG_20240614_181035648a.jpg

IMG_20240615_170311777a.jpg IMG_20240615_175154695a.jpg

The doors now slide on and off almost effortlessly and, even though I run a hardtop exclusively, I could find my way to enjoying some trips sans doors. Just need to sort out at least one side view mirror to keep the po-po from peeing on my well-ventilated campfire.

The "shop" also got a little love with the arrival of a folding body panel work stand and a new creeper seat, both being needed for some upcoming Jeep-related projects.