What did you do to your TJ today?

Mine were Co Op Grip Spurs in a 7.00 x 15 if I remember right. I think I bought 5 at $75 each mounted and balanced. This would have been about '82. My CJ5 was a '80 with the GM 4 banger so the smaller tires worked well on it. Until I backed into a deep sand corner of the yard to turn around and all 4 dug down in about 3 seconds. I spent the rest of afternoon digging it out.

I'm going this route if I ever stop driving my Jeep on the street. I'm always on tight trails/hills in wet, muddy conditions. Badak X Treme tires for under $300 each for 35". They even come in 35x10.50".
Badak X Treme tire.jpeg

I HAVE FINALLY RESOLVED THE FLAPPING SUNRIDER FEATURE!

As many know, I have been beyond disappointed with the Bestop Supertop NX that I recently bought for our 2003.
The Sunrider feature is poorly designed on this model; PATHETIC is a better word for it.

I had reached out to Bestop for help and they provided the typical run around.
After MANY calls and emails, they finally offered me their “best solution”, a strap kit that was out of stock.
Months later, I received a set of 5 straps - WITH ZERO INSTRUCTIONS, DRAWINGS, PICTURES, ETC.

The kit included:
(2) ~24” straps with loops sewn at each end
(2) ~18-20” straps w/ a “tightener” sewn on one end, the other just a plain, cut end
(1) -24” strap that has a hook at one end and a “tightener” sewn a few inches away, and the other end is again a plain, cut end.

The hook assembly seemed like a good idea, but being only (1), it was intended to be installed in the center, with the cut end wrapped over the roll bar.

This did not resolve the issue of fabric slapping me in the head while driving.

I purchased a couple of hooks & clips and was able to make their straps work.

Again, our setup is slightly different from stock, as I added tethers to the roll bar to secure a sun shade.

Here’s some pic to explain the above.

IMG_3626.jpeg

This is the single strap that Bestop provided
IMG_3625.jpeg

This is the adjustable pair along with the parts that I bought.
IMG_3624.jpeg

This is how I configured them on “their” strap.
IMG_3623.jpeg

My fix in place.
IMG_3622.jpeg

The roll bar end, with the tether that I added previously.
IMG_3621.jpeg

Here’s a better view that shows the tether and the grommet that I clipped to.

IMG_3620.jpeg

Got the first heat cycle in the new gears last night, well I guess this morning technically, it was 4 am. Nothing concerning, shakedowns are always a little nerve wracking when you swap a ton of stuff.