What did you do to your TJ today?

Practice? Blasphemy?

Friend's son's girlfriend's WJ. 4.0. Blown head gasket. TUPY 331 heads too. They can't afford anything so we're throwing $200 in gaskets, head studs at it and seeing if it won't overheat and blow all the coolant out the block.

-Mac

IMG20230820164030.jpg

Practice? Blasphemy?

Friend's son's girlfriend's WJ. 4.0. Blown head gasket. TUPY 331 heads too. They can't afford anything so we're throwing $200 in gaskets, head studs at it and seeing if it won't overheat and blow all the coolant out the block.

-Mac

View attachment 451488

Mac the Eveready bunny!!!! You are the MAN Mac.

Reactions: macleanflood
Seriously, any other ideas for how to fix this trans oil pan leak or track down where the leak is coming from? The first thing that I thought of is to get a Lube Locker gasket, drain the trans oil pan, put the LL gasket on, and then put the oil back in. It is all brand new trans oil.

Reactions: matkal
I keep a Moleskin notebook that I put the date and mileage of everything in to keep a record. Mostly for my benefit in the future but also will help if/when I sell it. I also print out and keep all receipts in a folder.

For this vehicle I got a yellow notebook for my yellow Jeep. :D

Andy

I used to do the same and ended up with more volumes than the encyclopedia Britannica lol

Adjusted the rear shocks to be stiffer once I loaded all the camp gear in the TJ. It drove fantastic. There is a rocky trail that leads to this campsite, and the Jeep drove like a whole different beast. These Fox shocks are worth every penny. We went on a hike Saturday that terminated at the top of a ridge. The Appalachian Trail ran along the top of the ridge. Very cool weekend. Elvis was in recovery mode today.

Aug 2023 camp 1.jpg

Aug 2023 camp 2.jpg

Aug 2023 camp 4.jpg

Aug 2023 camp 5.jpg

Adjusted the rear shocks to be stiffer once I loaded all the camp gear in the TJ. It drove fantastic. There is a rocky trail that leads to this campsite, and the Jeep drove like a whole different beast. These Fox shocks are worth every penny. We went on a hike Saturday that terminated at the top of a ridge. The Appalachian Trail ran along the top of the ridge. Very cool weekend. Elvis was in recovery mode today.

View attachment 451530

View attachment 451531

View attachment 451532

View attachment 451533

Sorry Elvis. We have a female Chihuahua/tererior that has the same colors and a corckscrew tail. She has quite the personality.

Reactions: Blondie70
I prototyped a "real" cabin filter solution. Been wanting to do this for a long time. Uses the same size filter as our JK.

View attachment 451523

What timing! I literally removed this flange prototype print from my printer moments before reading your post. Think I'm using the same filter elements as well...

IMG_20230820_223511944.jpg

I've seen a number of threads where folks have retrofitted engine air cleaners to do the job. Not a bad starting point, but engine air filters are designed to stand up to engine intake levels of suction, whereas the blower motor is unlikely to generate those levels of airflow. Figured a purpose made cabin air filter might work better and lucked into those JK filters for size. The design I'm working on is to be more of a box as from the factory, but incorporating both filter elements.

P4260872_zpsgnhw1joo-1701249645.jpg

Started looking for new 15x8 wheels to replace the Mammoths I now have. Just seem to bland for me now. Need something in polished aluminum.

Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is full. Shiny ring-a-ding-bling rims are for Barbi and "Unfortunate TJ of the Day" Jeeps
1692586172651.png

Those are some dam fine looking rims you got there. Keep em. Just my $,02

What timing! I literally removed this flange prototype print from my printer moments before reading your post. Think I'm using the same filter elements as well...

Nice, yep, I spent some time working on a fully printed box that would incorporate both filters but after some flow testing I decided it probably wasn't worth it and the complexity of the print. I don't daily my TJ and the cowl is easy to remove, so I'll see how it holds up over time and how often the filter seems to need changing.

Reactions: chili_pepper