What did you do to your TJ today?

Looks like you got the same deep trans pan I got.

What kind of paint did you use? How did you prep the area?

Rust-Oleum rust reformer, then satin black Rust-Oleum. Wire brush then por-15 degreaser before paint

16927206608355547539958994177826.jpg

Rust-Oleum rust converter, then satin black Rust-Oleum. Wire brush then por-15 degreaser before paint

How do you like the POR-15 degreaser? I'm thinking about getting a gallon of it and liberally applying it to my engine block to help track down any more oil leaks after I replace the valve cover gasket.

Not sure how to reference a particular post from another thread of this forum so I'll just repost what I put on that page here.

Upgrading the sound system on your Jeep Wrangler TJ page...

I upgraded my stereo and speakers this weekend. After a lot of reading and researching I gave it a go!

For the stereo or as some call it, the head unit I opted for is the Sony DSX-GS80 - https://www.crutchfield.com/p_158DSXGS80/Sony-DSX-GS80.html . It a little on the pricier side but I'll explain my reasoning in a minute. The unit does not have a CD player but I can't remember the last time I used a CD anyway. I typically stream from my phone library of music or just listen terrestrial radio anyway.
I chose this received because it has a high power built in amp. Most receivers come with a small built in amplifier with something like 15-22 watts RMS which my previous one had. I was at 18 watts RMS but this new unit is 45 watts RMS and 100 watts peak which is more than double what I had. I really didn't want an external amp. I didn't want to have to find a place to mount it and run all the wires for it and so on. I wanted a simple solution and this stereo solved that problem. I have the OEM subwoofer and amp in the center counsel and with this upgraded stereo and the speakers (which I'll get to next) I installed, there really isn't a huge need for anything more....for me anyway! I figured a different receiver would cost roughly $100 and an amp would be minimum $150 plus all the wiring that's necessary for the amp, this was a more economical choice and easier by far!

As for the speakers, I went with the Kicker CSC5 (5.25") in the dash and Kicker CSC65 (6.5") in the sound pods.
5.25" speakers - https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20646CC54/Kicker-46CSC54.html
6.5 " speakers - https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20646CC654/Kicker-46CSC654.html

I had to get the brackets to mount the 5.25" in the dash corners. I didn't have to cut anything to make them fit. from everything I've read, in the 2003-06 you don't have to remove a metal bracket in order for these to fit.
Mounting bracket - http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=202963397928
Speaker baffles (Boom Mat) - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N4DP5Y7/?tag=wranglerorg-20

As for the rears, it wasn't difficult, but without the right tools, it could be a little more difficult for someone. The sound pods in our later model TJ's as opposed to the earlier model sound bars are not capable of accepting the 6.5" speakers...without modification that is.
I had to cut out wood circles and then I used a router to sand them to size so they could fit in the recessed part of the sound pod where the OEM speakers mount. I had to build that recessed area up to make it level with the rest of the pod to mount the speakers how I wanted them to fit. After the ring was installed into the factory mounting holes for the OEM speakers, I then mounted the new speakers to the wood ring and then the grills are mounted, which do require a new set of holes in the sound pods.

*NOTE* unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the rings I made after I had them mounted in place but below there is a link to something very similar, someone 3D printed theirs. If I ever have to remove my speakers for any reason, I can get a picture then and edit this post.
However, the wood rings are not necessary, I do recommend them. It makes it much easier mounting the speakers where you want them otherwise, you run the risk of them being mounted off center which will be noticeable. They don't sit in the speaker holes well so these wood rings help big time to make sure you mount them centered.
For those of who have a 3D printer or know someone who does (I don't, hence the wood rings) I did find someone who posted what appears to be download files for these rings that you can print. Maybe that will be helpful if you don't have the means to fabricate what I did? I don't know how to tell if this download file is legit so I will post the link and someone that has a 3D printer can verify the validity of the download file and report back.
Here is the link to that page where it shows the 3D printed ring so everyone can have a visual. The download file is on this page as well if you click below the picture that says "Thing Files".
3D mounting rigs for 6.5" speakers in speaker pods - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4617429

View attachment 217243

View attachment 217244

View attachment 217245

View attachment 217246

Now that it's all done, I can say that I am happy with everything. It sounds so much better than what was in there. As a side note, the speaker pods do have poly fil in them to help with the sound quality. I put that in over a year ago and it helps! I am very much into good quality sound and I do like loud music and I also like to "feel the bass" but this set up doesn't allow you "feel" the music like a much more expensive and elaborate system would cost but I am very pleased with it.

I know it is 2+ years later, but are you still liking this system? I'm basically going through the same thing for my 2000 TJ. Luckily, the 6.5" Kickers will fit in my roll bar sound pods apparently.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Turns out I'm a dumbass lol. Installed new double din radio, sweet! Bought the metra faceplate for 03-06 even though I have a 99 because I converted the lower panel, easy I thought. Turns out lots of stuff is different so I can't use the radio mount plates, need AC control spacers, all kinds of stuff that only comes in the 97-02 kits. On a side note, if anyone needs 03-06 stuff hit me up 😂😂

Its always nice when someone just starts their post with 'Turns out i'm a dumbass lol'. I know the feeling.

I went and took a look at my Jeep today. I am going to use Cerakote on the plastic pieces which should restore them to a black finish instead of faded gray.

But the metal bumpers are also faded. Besides repainting them, any tips to restore the blackness of the painted metal?

I went and took a look at my Jeep today. I am going to use Cerakote on the plastic pieces which should restore them to a black finish instead of faded gray.

But the metal bumpers are also faded. Besides repainting them, any tips to restore the blackness of the painted metal?

RustOleum rattle can.

Nice seats!, need a few more details, like brand, where you bought them and exactly what you had to do to make them work :cool:

2014 VW passat CC Lux.
Junkyard for 280$
Brown wires on german cars = Ground
Red Thick wire 10gauge = Heated Seat
Yellow 10 gauge = Power and controls.

You will need to disconnect other wires and cap them off and insulate them for the airbag. Those are usually the yellow plastic harness.
Everything else is 1.5" wide by 1/4" thick steel flat bar for mounting. This mod isnt for the faint of heart ill admit. But damn is it nice. Looking to get the driver in this weekend. Im betting i'll need to cut my center console where the cup holder is to fit it.