What did you do to your TJ today?

I'm trying to avoid painting them because I suck at painting.

Bumper is about as low risk as you can get.

IMG_1438.jpeg

IMG_1441.jpeg

box that would incorporate both filters but after some flow testing I decided it probably wasn't worth it

I think you may be correct here, I don't think there's much in it for trying to use both filters, the benefits are likely negligible. I did a rough area calc of a section through the neck of the factory duct and it's less than the surface area of one filter element. Unless the original designer was attempting some kind of half-assed venturi effect, I suspect they just used the space available and attempted to keep water entering the cowl in any volume from going straight into the cabin air duct....which it would appear to do.

I went and took a look at my Jeep today. I am going to use Cerakote on the plastic pieces which should restore them to a black finish instead of faded gray.

But the metal bumpers are also faded. Besides repainting them, any tips to restore the blackness of the painted metal?

I used a product called Flood, which is an oil based paint additive, but works great on fiberglass tops and plastic. My top and fenders went from grey to glossy black.

Reactions: 97JadeTJ

I hear those tops aren't as good as Bestop. ;)
p.s. Mine is still quieter than my Bestop and great after a year. I did break the bank with the $279 Trilogy material one though. They say it only fits 1997-2002. I told them I've swapped several early model and late model tops with no difference in fit and they agreed. I still have 2 years on the warranty too.

there’s not a whole lot you can do about a faded soft top, 303 Aerospace protectant is a good product for cleaning and preventing fading…the good news is you can buy a brand new soft top for $150…

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KN0UOEE/?tag=wranglerorg-20

https://www.autotopsdirect.com/Jeep-Wrangler-Soft-Soft-Blk-1997-2002-p/10-40-tj19702-21.htm

That's way cheaper than I was expecting. I may try that protectant and see how it goes. If it doesn't do much, then get a new soft top. I'm pretty sure the current soft top is the original soft top.

Reactions: 97JadeTJ
I hear those tops aren't as good as Bestop. ;)
p.s. Mine is still quieter than my Bestop and great after a year. I did break the bank with the $279 Trilogy material one though. They say it only fits 1997-2002. I told them I've swapped several early model and late model tops with no difference in fit and they agreed. I still have 2 years on the warranty too.

it says on their website that the trilogy top only fits 2003 to 2006 models… Wonder why it won't fit a 97 to 02?

I guess today I am trying to figure out why the rear passenger shock is hanging down.

I felt up in there. There is that cross piece that the two upper bolts go into. That piece is bent. The thing is I have no idea how long it has been this way. Since I have the wheel off, I'll probably take this time to also redo the drum brakes which I needed to do anyways.

IMG_3954.jpg