What did you do to your TJ today?

Finished installing a Cherokee (chopped) roof rack on my hard top. Should be good for a few skis or a couple plastic kayaks.

IMG_20240523_203437791.jpg

IMG_20240523_203452925.jpg

Cool, just ordered one and it'll be here tomorrow.

I watched a video that fumbled around with the wheel well liners. Yeah, I'm going to take mine off completely.
Second the ratcheting wrench.
I was able to push the rear liners in enough to not have to remove them.

The bottom two on the back of the front flares.. those are a bitch to get to and ultimately spun on me. Had to grind them down enough that I could push them through and finished with nutserts.

Overall a PITA but not awful.

Second the ratcheting wrench.
I was able to push the rear liners in enough to not have to remove them.

The bottom two on the back of the front flares.. those are a bitch to get to and ultimately spun on me. Had to grind them down enough that I could push them through and finished with nutserts.

Overall a PITA but not awful.

Yeah, if I have to replace any nutserts, I'd have to go out and buy a tool for that. Trying to avoid that. Luckily, my TJ has on 74k on it, has been garage kept, has been kept in the South, and from a year of work on it, I haven't had any rust or corrosion issues from stuck bolts.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Yeah, if I have to replace any nutserts, I'd have to go out and buy a tool for that. Trying to avoid that. Luckily, my TJ has on 74k on it, has been garage kept, has been kept in the South, and from a year of work on it, I haven't had any rust or corrosion issues from stuck bolts.
Sending positive energy your way.
Mine had 66k on when I tackled the flares. It is what it is.
Expectations are pre-meditated disappointment so.. Go at it with an open mind.

I put tweeters on my A piier. Double face taped it to the plastic trim. Sound is great

Where do you wire the tweeters in??
I'm running a soundstream picasso nano 5 channel.
Front speakersb(dash) wired to 1&2, soundbar wired to 3&4, bass (in center console) wired to channel 5.
Can I piggy back tweeters on the dash speakers?

Where do you wire the tweeters in??
I'm running a soundstream picasso nano 5 channel.
Front speakersb(dash) wired to 1&2, soundbar wired to 3&4, bass (in center console) wired to channel 5.
Can I piggy back tweeters on the dash speakers?

My tweeters came with filter networks in the cables. Not as tunable as the filter boxes with switches but they just hang below the tweeters and hook into the terminals on my front speakers.
At first I thought they sounded tinney but then I changed the head to an Alpine receiver and the sound was SO much better.
Glad I didn't dump $$$ into an expensive system. Who upgrades their alternator to power their sub-woofers?

Attachments

• Alpine S2-S40C Diagram.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 19
Reactions: Mhass
I have no rust, but those spun on mine too. I replaced my flares about 18 months ago. Luckily, I had some really long needle nose pliers to hold the nutserts while I removed those bolts on each side.

I have no rust, but those spun on mine too. I replaced my flares about 18 months ago. Luckily, I had some really long needle nose pliers to hold the nutserts while I removed those bolts on each side.

I was actually planning on using vice grips or pliers on those nutserts when removing the fender flares.

Oh damn! Glad you're ok. That pic clearly shows who's at fault. Should be an easy insurance transaction.

Just call Saul... or Morgan and Morgan. They will get you millions :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, glad it wasn't worse, because it really could have been.

Reactions: MikekiM
That pic clearly shows who's at fault.

Not necessarily if he drove into the trailer and the truck was pulling reasonable speeds even going into the oncoming lane. It's impossible for that truck and trailer not to end up in the oncoming lane.

But yeah, more than likely the truck wasn't watching his mirrors.

Reactions: John Cooper