What did you do to your TJ today?

Almost forgot... Got my GMRS license and GMRS radio this week too. Had it scanning channels on the way to Gburg, just listening to see what sort of radio traffic there was. Just bought a cheap handheld for now... Honestly I use my cb more than anything on rides, but wanted to get a GMRS for those rides that require it. I may pony up for a better mobile unit later, but this should do for now. It clips nicely to the spider shade strap on the rollbar over the driver's side door.
Out of curiosity, why did you opt for the license? The low power channels have extraordinary range that don't require a license. Honestly, asking because I've been debating it.

Out of curiosity, why did you opt for the license? The low power channels have extraordinary range that don't require a license. Honestly, asking because I've been debating it.

If you use a FRS radio you don't have to have a license, but the way I read the rules, if you use a GMRS radio, even to talk on FRS channels, you need a license. It was only $35, so I figured why not? That covers you and your immediate family for 10 years.

If you use a FRS radio you don't have to have a license, but the way I read the rules, if you use a GMRS radio, even to talk on FRS channels, you need a license. It was only $35, so I figured why not? That covers you and your immediate family for 10 years.
It's all in how you interpreted the rules 😉. I still may get it. Just debating it.

Reactions: blamc70
I’m pissed off for you

It’s all good, my little girl fixed it right up
Not necessarily if he drove into the trailer and the truck was pulling reasonable speeds even going into the oncoming lane. It's impossible for that truck and trailer not to end up in the oncoming lane.

But yeah, more than likely the truck wasn't watching his mirrors.

yeah I stopped before the turn once I saw him coming around. He was going way too fast around that turn and never once checked his mirrors. The only reason he stopped was the people behind me started honking and waving him down. Definitely his fault, the highway patrol was not impressed with him.

New radiator, fan clutch, water pump, thermostat and housing, upper/lower and heater core hoses, full system flush.

Apparently the fan clutch had never been off that water pump. Ended up cutting it off between the clutch and the nut to get the fan and pulley off to reuse. Tried pb blaster, krohl, torch, breaker bars, hammers, strap wrench, and anything else here and YouTube suggested…nothing. Is it possible that the jeep was overheated by PO and that nut essentially welded itself onto the water pump, or would temps in the water pump that high have blown the engine?

All that being said, I probably would’ve been done in about 4 hours if the fan clutch had come off easy. So anybody that gets a crazy quote like I did (>$900 for only the radiator, thermostat housing, and upper/lower hoses to be replaced), don’t be scared to do it yourself.
Here’s to hoping the coolant losses end now, that hoat coolant gets expensive over time haha

So anybody that gets a crazy quote like I did (>$900 for only the radiator, thermostat housing, and upper/lower hoses to be replaced), don’t be scared to do it yourself.
Here’s to hoping the coolant losses end now, that hoat coolant gets expensive over time haha

So you took it to Tom's 4x4 Super Store for the estimate.... . :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Just kidding, Brandon that runs the store sales department is a buddy of mine.

New radiator, fan clutch, water pump, thermostat and housing, upper/lower and heater core hoses, full system flush.

Apparently the fan clutch had never been off that water pump. Ended up cutting it off between the clutch and the nut to get the fan and pulley off to reuse. Tried pb blaster, krohl, torch, breaker bars, hammers, strap wrench, and anything else here and YouTube suggested…nothing. Is it possible that the jeep was overheated by PO and that nut essentially welded itself onto the water pump, or would temps in the water pump that high have blown the engine?

All that being said, I probably would’ve been done in about 4 hours if the fan clutch had come off easy. So anybody that gets a crazy quote like I did (>$900 for only the radiator, thermostat housing, and upper/lower hoses to be replaced), don’t be scared to do it yourself.

I would have needed new seats too.

It’s all good, my little girl fixed it right up

Didn’t realize the picture didn’t upload on my original response

IMG_2841.jpeg

So you took it to Tom's 4x4 Super Store for the estimate.... . :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

No, I already know I can’t afford them ha

Got some stuff done while the girls were still sleeping..
Replaced the burned out seat warmer switch
Replaced the burned out front Bushwacker LED marker light
Greased the front end and all the pivot points on the tire carrier
Painted the inside of the half door uppers to match the underside of the TrekTop
Replaced the cloudy Lamin-X on the aux lights

2024-05-25 11.jpg

2024-05-25 14.jpg
Heading out for a drive on the outer beach.
Tomorrow, Polish the ProComps, install some LED light strips in the footwells & refinish the bumpers

Last edited:
I lowered my jeep a few days ago.....

20240525_151616.jpg

Haha gotcha 😆 I didn't actually lower it...it just sagged a good 1" 1/4 with the plate and winch! And finally i installed my winch after it sitting in my garage for almost an year since i scored a winch plate for 50 bucks brand new on marketplace 😁

But for the meantime I'm in need of a synthetic line cause not only is it safer but lighter! After that I'll look into relocating my winch box since I already Smacked it with a tree branch on the trail 🙃 Plus it doesn't sit right with me either

Shameless Plug: Steel line will be for sale in the Mansfield tx area. So shoot me an offer It's "open box" same with the fairlead !
Edit- Tried to summarize my post so its not a whole book that ya gotta read 😉...

Last edited:
I lowered my jeep a few days ago.....

View attachment 529648
Haha gotcha 😆
I finally installed my winch a after it sitting in my garage for almost an year,scored a winch plate for 50 bucks brand new 😁Smacked my winch box on a tree branch while I was on a trail too....
For the mean time I'm looking to get rid of this steel line and replace it with synthetic to not only be safer but to lighten up my front end a bit cause it sagged a good 1" 1/4 with the plate&winch and for a way to tuck the control box in the engine bay cause it looks ugly to me and a brach already damaged the box so I'd like to keep it protected by having it relocated!

Steel line will be for sale in the Mansfield tx area,shoot me an offer ? It's "open box"

I don't know about all that, but I kind of like the look of those wheels...