What did you do to your TJ today?

Hell yeah, nice cart!

Thanks for sharing the original pic of yours and the plans to it. This definitely makes it so much easier in my garage to move the doors around and protects them. The worst damage to the entire Jeep is the passenger side door when I had it resting against my workbench and it slid down and fell and scratched up the paint. This cart prevents that now.

Also, with the doors right there, I just throw the plastic windows over the top of it and that's where they will stay. It is a multi purpose cart.

Thanks for sharing the original pic of yours and the plans to it. This definitely makes it so much easier in my garage to move the doors around and protects them. The worst damage to the entire Jeep is the passenger side door when I had it resting against my workbench and it slid down and fell and scratched up the paint. This cart prevents that now.

Also, with the doors right there, I just throw the plastic windows over the top of it and that's where they will stay. It is a multi purpose cart.

Very welcome. I was surprised I hadn't seen more of them here.

You're right too, it's really nice to move out of the way and great for extra storage.

I have thought about making a canvas cover for mine.

If I do it, I'll add a section of wood across the top crossbar, screw some snap bases into the wood. Then have snap bases on the outer crossbar corners. The cover would just snap on/off and give a little protection to the doors from falling objects.

Well I had a good laugh today. My Jeep wouldn’t start and was exhibiting the signs of a broken ignition switch and/or ignition actuator, as detailed in this excellent video:

So I got the parts and swapped them out. Easy job, although it still wouldn’t start (and I miss the feel of the detents in the OEM switch; might need to put that back in!)

So I went to troubleshoot the starter and lo and behold, somehow the ignition control wire had popped right off its post! It was just dangling there as shown in the pic. So the starter wasn’t getting the signal to operate from the ignition.
I dont know how that happened but I squeezed it back on there with some pliers and she turned right over. Good one Jeep!! What shenanigans will you bring into my life next?!
😂

IMG_1480.jpeg

Well I had a good laugh today. My Jeep wouldn’t start and was exhibiting the signs of a broken ignition switch and/or ignition actuator, as detailed in this excellent video:

So I got the parts and swapped them out. Easy job, although it still wouldn’t start (and I miss the feel of the detents in the OEM switch; might need to put that back in!)

So I went to troubleshoot the starter and lo and behold, somehow the ignition control wire had popped right off its post! It was just dangling there as shown in the pic. So the starter wasn’t getting the signal to operate from the ignition.
I dont know how that happened but I squeezed it back on there with some pliers and she turned right over. Good one Jeep!! What shenanigans will you bring into my life next?!
😂

View attachment 530121

Had that happen to me on my old sport. I replaced the starter and saw the wire hanging. Meant to fix it permanently, but sold it.

Stopped by the new owners and he wanted to know where I bought the starter, when I asked why I felt bad, got under Sport hooked the wire back up and told him how to permanently fix it.

We really had a good laugh out of it.

Very welcome. I was surprised I hadn't seen more of them here.

You're right too, it's really nice to move out of the way and great for extra storage.

I have thought about making a canvas cover for mine.

If I do it, I'll add a section of wood across the top crossbar, screw some snap bases into the wood. Then have snap bases on the outer crossbar corners. The cover would just snap on/off and give a little protection to the doors from falling objects.

The great thing about this PVC stand is that it is very easy to change it up if I wanted to. I saw the original design, and then did your mod to it as well. I'm currently brainstorming how to mod it even more so that I can have clips to hold the windows so that they hang down flat instead of curved over the top. I also have the bikini top that I need to figure out how to store as well.

Hmmm, I might need a beer or two to think about this more.

After more thoughts about our upcoming wheeling trip to Stoney Lonesome starting on 5/31 and ending on 6/3.

I decided to put the SmittyBuilt side and back screens in. I got these from another member here and ran them on Sport but pulled them before I sold it.

With the back seat in they really help keep the wind and sun off the grandkids!!!!!!
20240527_124728.jpg

You have to clear it

I thought it was all good. Ran fine for a rew days, now it's got a P0300 code. Only 37,000 miles, so I doubt it's mechanical wear. Maybe wiring or PCM, but I have a manual trans and have had no other symptoms. Too hot to go out today - heat index of 110 - 117F.

• Wow
Reactions: TerryD
Decided since I've come this far with the battery area, I might as well pull out the tray, wire brush it, and give it a coat of Rust Reformer. I stuck the battery temperature sensor in a plastic glove and taped the connection end.

Battery Tray Refresh.jpg

I recently bought a battery mat just to try and see if it helps keep down corrosion. Before replacing the tray I traced its edges on the mat then cut it down to fit in the tray. I also made a hole to allow the temperature sensor to function. I could have done a little better centering it on the tray, but whatever, the area covered is where the most wear was before painting. Here it is ready for the battery.

Battery Mat.jpg

With the battery done, I put the door skins out in the sun and waited a while while they heated up. Took a break for late lunch. The skins went on without problems.

Everyone talks about how noisy the zipper pulls can be. They are, VERY! So I cut some 550 cord to make some zipper pull silencers. I used clip-on ends leftover from a previous project. No zipper rattle now.

On the first door I cut different lengths because I wanted to see what each looked like. The top one is 10" the bottom 12".

Zipper Silencer-Pulls.jpg

I went with 10" for the remaining pulls.

Zipper Silencer-Pulls-2.jpg

Then I mounted the doors and did a quick 303 Protectant spray and wipe-down on the uppers and soft top.

I meant to get a picture with it all done before pulling into the garage, but evidently forgot.

It's hot and I've stewed in humidity all day. Sorry.

Everyone talks about how noisy the zipper pulls can be. They are, VERY! So I cut some 550 cord to make some zipper pull silencers. I used clip-on ends leftover from a previous project. No zipper rattle now.
I added some 550 with similar ends but I cut the factory pull tab off and just threaded the 550 through the zipper body..

IMG_8475.jpeg

Also painted the inside of the uppers (to match the underside of the TrekTop) using DulpiColor Vinyl & Fabric.