TJ Fest 2021
Join us in Moab, Utah from 4/24/2021 to 5/1/2021 for the first annual TJ Fest 2021. Click here for more information.

What did you do to your TJ today?

Boinked

TJ Addict
Went to crawl under and just look around for possible problems as wheeling season is just around the corner. Almost done with the triple digits. Then i found a bad tie rod end. Well not bad yet. But it will go bad quickly without the rubber seal.

20190921_110301.jpg

All 4 Wheelin'

TJ Enthusiast
Went to crawl under and just look around for possible problems as wheeling season is just around the corner. Almost done with the triple digits. Then i found a bad tie rod end. Well not bad yet. But it will go bad quickly without the rubber seal.

View attachment 116528
Good thing you went looking. Better to repair in the garage than the trail.

Reactions: Boinked

Rollin20z

TJ Enthusiast
Went ahead and thru the hard top back on since past few mornings it's been in the 40's and in late afternoons it ends up getting a bit chilly even with just windows down unless you got on a sweatshirt or are just hot blooded. Not me anymore. 😕 Did throw the buffer on it for a quick once over a couple weeks ago to see if it would come back any since it had gotten the good ole grayish tone. Actually didn't do too bad for just a quick hit with scratch remover compound. Might see about a little harsher compound to cut and dull it out some, didn't do a polish because didn't want it to end up shiny which it is some. If not might just clean it again to get it all uniform and throw a coat of dull clear on it.

Actually my second time putting it back on since I've owned a jeep, and honestly it's a touch easier to put back on without the window on but last time the window was on and it still didn't seem that big of a deal to me at least. I'll admit, that bumper does come in handy to do it though. Balance it on your shoulders and walk right up into jeep and set it down.

NEXT..............😅

IMG_0742.JPG
IMG_0744.JPG
IMG_0769.JPG
IMG_0773.JPG
IMG_0779.JPG
IMG_0782.JPG

What it looked like when I took it off, nice and gray. Just not quite as the flares though. Forgot they were that gray. 😵
IMG_8792.JPG

Last edited: