What did you do to your TJ today?

yep I spent a lot of time there back in the day. I used romp around there in the early 90's in my giant blazer. Ah you are bring back some awesome memories. I wasn't a member of a Jeep club because mostly I had giant k5blazers, but I used to go back with them and do clean up runs. It was really fun. Gets really muddy in the winter time too. I miss Spokane! Probably one of my most favorite places to live, other than the -20 degree wind chill factor in the winter. I don't know if I could ever do that again, but I sure liked that city.
Been here all my life. Never plan to leave. One of my favorite things about Spokane is it truly has 4 seasons.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and ac_
installed most of the wire harness and tucked wiring out of sight for my kicker hideaway i'm in the process of transferring to the jeep from my pickup. its kind of a hassle when you don't have a garage and all the tools you need on hand.

I scouted out potential locations i could place it yesterday (few if any choices). below the rear seat seemed to be convenient as there was more than enough room for it, hidden from sight as well as accessible enough to remove if need be with no more than just a harness left behind similar to the hardtop harness pigtail.

my main holdup at the moment is a lack of a soldering iron here at home for the line input rca conversion as it is currently configured for high level inputs and id like to feed it a dedicated subwoofer feed from the headunit. im tempted to half ass the connections with butt connectors but i know for the long run id be alot happier with soldered connections and shrink tube once i get down to my dads garage this weekend.

Gave it a bath.
20190904_181033.jpg

And my 2 year old wanted to "drive me to the park"
20190904_183620.jpg

Mine started stalling on me without warning or CELs... so I replaced the Crank and Cam Position Sensors and the Gas Cap (the only CEL was from a little ago and was p0457) and ordered everything else that seems likely to be involved to replace (mainly the O2 sensors since mine are original with 57k on the clock).

Hopefully things are better by tomorrow night for my trip planned for the weekend.

Mine started stalling on me without warning or CELs... so I replaced the Crank and Cam Position Sensors and the Gas Cap (the only CEL was from a little ago and was p0457) and ordered everything else that seems likely to be involved to replace (mainly the O2 sensors since mine are original with 57k on the clock).

Hopefully things are better by tomorrow night for my trip planned for the weekend.
Almost sounds like Murphy's Law. Hope that in your swing for the fences you hit upon the culprit.

Reactions: rasband
Wow it doesn't even look like the same old Jeep I grew to know! It looks like a brand new Jeep!
More changes yet to come. Hopefully, brown Santa drops off a 24lbs package tomorrow for me to paint and install Friday. I'm still crossing my fingers for a TRE rope for my b-day and I'll likely add a jks rear track bar before the rubicon since it's been long overdue to get rid of the RE bracket and stock bar.

I surely have a problem. 😵

I'm slowing running out of things to do.

More changes yet to come. Hopefully, brown Santa drops off a 24lbs package tomorrow for me to paint and install Friday. I'm still crossing my fingers for a TRE rope for my b-day and I'll likely add a jks rear track bar before the rubicon since it's been long overdue to get rid of the RE bracket and stock bar.

I surely have a problem. 😵

I'm slowing running out of things to do.
Lookin' great! I just ordered a new twin ARB with all of the garb that comes with it. So I got that going for me. I am waiting for brown Santa too, but I fear it will be a month before I can get to it. The heat has been atrocious here this year. This is supposed to be the last week of the fury, but still when it does cool will be 103. I am waiting till then to do my major surgery. I am hoping to follow your lead, and figure out a good way to put my air chuck on the front or rear bumper too. I wish we lived a touch closer so we could hang out while fixing the Jeeps, and really closer to your side to get out of this heat haha. Post some pics!

Lookin' great! I just ordered a new twin ARB with all of the garb that comes with it. So I got that going for me. I am waiting for brown Santa too, but I fear it will be a month before I can get to it. The heat has been atrocious here this year. This is supposed to be the last week of the fury, but still when it does cool will be 103. I am waiting till then to do my major surgery. I am hoping to follow your lead, and figure out a good way to put my air chuck on the front or rear bumper too. I wish we lived a touch closer so we could hang out while fixing the Jeeps, and really closer to your side to get out of this heat haha. Post some pics!
You and I both.

Did you buy the mount that puts the arb above the exhaust manifold or, are you going to try and squeeze it onto the ABS tray? (@tomtaylz is likely selling his) The air chuck was really easy. It was probably $20 bucks worth of parts and the bracket I used was a piece of flat steel bent into shape. I can send you some photos once you're ready to tackle it.

Reactions: ac_
On my cj5 I mounted the air chuck below the drivers blinker on the grill.
jeep 3.jpg

You and I both.

Did you buy the mount that puts the arb above the exhaust manifold or, are you going to try and squeeze it onto the ABS tray? (@tomtaylz is likely selling his) The air chuck was really easy. It was probably $20 bucks worth of parts and the bracket I used was a piece of flat steel bent into shape. I can send you some photos once you're ready to tackle it.
I got the whole nine yards mount, manifold (not needed), air line, Chuck and compressor. I went for it. It was a kit and it was cheaper to buy it all than it was to piece what I needed.

I was going to squeeze it under the brake booster, but I didn't want to get to the point where I couldn't do it, and then have to wait for the mount to show up. I may still try, and put it under the brake booster, but I wanted the mount on hand in case it proves to be difficult. I did see somewhere that @tomtaylz originally had it under his booster, but then he moved it, so I wanted to have the mount on hand just in case.

Reactions: tomtaylz and Alex01
I got the whole nine yards mount, manifold (not needed), air line, Chuck and compressor. I went for it. It was a kit and it was cheaper to buy it all than it was to piece what I needed.

I was going to squeeze it under the brake booster, but I didn't want to get to the point where I couldn't do it, and then have to wait for the mount to show up. I may still try, and put it under the brake booster, but I wanted the mount on hand in case it proves to be difficult. I did see somewhere that @tomtaylz originally had it under his booster, but then he moved it, so I wanted to have the mount on hand just in case.
Since you have the clutch master cylinder in the way it may prove to be more difficult than it was on his. I wish you luck.

You'll love it once it gets all wired in.

Reactions: ac_