What did you do to your TJ today?

Rotated my tires. I've been getting a strange noise at about 22mph that I couldn't figure out. Took my dad for a ride around the block after work and he noticed the front tires are wearing really strange in the middle. Rotated them and the noise is gone.

Not sure what the deal is but the center lugs are feathering so to speak really bad but only on the front. I've been running between 24-26 psi so I don't think they are overinflated. I'd think if they were underinflated they would be rounded off on the outside edges. Inside and outside edges seemed to wear even so I doubt it's a toe issue. No steering wheel shake was present so I don't think it was balance related. Maybe the Baja claws just need to be rotated often to wear well. I definitely didn't rotate them soon enough.

Reactions: All 4 Wheelin'
Will today I received my wireless charger and it came with a bracket so I used the bracket to hold my tablet makes it easier to see the map while I'm on the trails.

IMG_1298.jpg

IMG_1297.jpg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Got tired of putting up with the incessant squeaking dash. All the screws that attach the panels are present and they're nice and snug, but the dash squeaks constantly. I tried lubricating all points of contact, and that stopped the noise for a day or two, but it came right back.

It seems like the panels just need to be a bit tighter because if even a tiny bit of pressure is applied to the dash while driving, the squeaks disappear.

Last weekend I grabbed some auto and marine weatherstrip, cut a couple pieces to size, and wedged two widths of the stuff between the dash panels on either side of the instrument cluster.

One week and a couple hundred miles later and no squeaks yet. Best $3.88 I've spent in a long time!

20200222_115316.jpg
20200222_115454.jpg
20200222_115414.jpg
20200222_115443.jpg
20200222_115358.jpg

Made me a platform so I can throw my uppers in the back and still be able to pull my drawer in and out. :D

Not the prettiest but the cheapest. Just took a old piece of plywood we had laying around and cut it to fit. Then drilled 2 small holes in it and put a couple screws to keep it from sliding around. The screws just go through the hole that is already in the tub. Figured this way I could always just lift it back out easily.

Someday I want to make a better one that covers the whole back, but for now this will do. Needed something fast because I'm going offroad tomorrow and may want to take the uppers off while we are out there. :D

31F98C1A-1BFB-47F1-875F-25EF7C332384.jpeg

BCCFEA75-7B1F-46B1-A722-CC98D25367D5.jpeg

I'm hoping I left enough space so when the windows suck in, the sides won't hit the plywood.

8CBC3123-6904-4E92-A8D9-A056F9498BA8.jpeg

I got some 1200 lumen 1156 type rear back up light bulbs off amazon ..holy cow . Each bulb has about 130 leds plus the end is illuminated so it shoots straight back.

a cabin air filter on a convertible ...that’s like a screen door on a submarine.

I got some 1200 lumen 1156 type rear back up light bulbs off amazon ..holy cow . Each bulb has about 130 leds plus the end is illuminated so it shoots straight back.

a cabin air filter on a convertible ...that’s like a screen door on a submarine.
Got a link to the bulbs??