What did you do to your TJ today?

After 2 Months of Monday-Friday travel I decided to skip work today and spend it with my 3 loves- wife, Jeep, Townsend. What a perfect morning to ride through the mountains and sit by the river.
43BAA5DE-B8DD-4B17-A2BB-39DD2BB77A62.jpeg
F3325A7E-2B0D-4F9A-91F6-858A836910EB.jpeg
A7B75173-13B2-4C5C-889C-9B5A52D8C437.jpeg
50F5D174-E187-4FFE-8ECA-2302091FF686.jpeg

After dropping the transfer case I thought all was well until I drove at highway speed. So today I’m re rebuilding my rear drive shaft then breaking out the angle finder to try and get some clarification as to why the hardcore vibration at 50+ mph. Maybe have to take one of them to a shop to get balanced. It’s too old for comprehensive insurance so I can’t burn it to the ground, so I’m left with working on it instead lol I did find some spicer u joints on sale for $20 a pop. Non zerk fitting style but for this experiment it should be fine

B0A260C8-8439-4DF4-9E3C-EA21C682C426.jpeg

932C4F9D-C35F-4878-9A1E-EFE44BBBD79F.jpeg

Anyone notice these Gorilla slim fold scaffolds fit perfectly in the back...cheapish aluminum shelf and handy for impromptu drywall sessions.

Going camping and playing with how much can I cram in the Jeep (and get to important stuff without taking it all out.)

-Mac

IMG_20220520_142635265.jpg

Anyone notice these Gorilla slim fold scaffolds fit perfectly in the back...cheapish aluminum shelf and handy for impromptu drywall sessions.

Going camping and playing with how much can I cram in the Jeep (and get to important stuff without taking it all out.)

-Mac

View attachment 331846
Have to admit that I've never tried, but now i absolutely have to try when i get home

I have a 98TJ. The side view mirrors don't like to stay adjusted. Even closing the door will cause them to move. So I swapped them out for a pair of 2003 - 2006 side view mirrors (ordered them from Rock Auto). These new ones have the mirror inside a shell that stays fixed; only the mirror itself moves. It was a direct swap, and no issues with removing the three screws that held the originals on on each side.

I'm pleased.

ok I made a mistake and threw away then console top when I threw away the back half of the console that came with the Jeep. The rear console fell apart in several pieces when I removed it. Who knew the top by itself was so expensive? The front half is in pretty good shape. So now I am a bit torn as to just find a 2 cup holder attachment or find an intact rear section in Cammel Tan. I like the elbow / arm rest and a place to store phone charging cables and such. But, is it out there and someone not asking for my first born or arm and leg for it? Is it just better to save up and buy a full Tuffy setup or a BestBilt arm rest with built in switches and litghts? I have the OEM subwoofer assembly on the bench but from reading various threads, that is worthless so unless someone says differently it is going in the round file . So now I guess I am searching for a rear section that is "non-subwoofer" so I have the largest storage area under an armrest. After market subwoofer will go under the seat, but that is so down the road.

Second question for the audience at large. I am really undecided about the external rack the Jeep came with from the previous owner. I don't overland. if I want to camp out I am thinking I want a camper in the back of my truck. I am a huge fan of "versatility", but considering my life style, I don't know if I would ever utilize the roof top rack and I sure don't like the damage it does to the MPG. I don't know, maybe it would be interesting taking up multi day trips in the outback? Still mulling over pulling it and Craigslist-Ing it to off set the cost of a lift. Any input on keeping the rack or dumping it out there?
20220508_205144.jpg

Reactions: voodooridr