What did you do to your TJ today?

How far up and down does it climb and dip? From the pics looks like at least it's not going into the red zone.

Pic is the lowest, it climbs back up to 14v

IMG_0599.jpeg

Didn't do anything but,stuff is bound to happen.....again😁
Got a new head from summit at a discount,Arp studs,vibrant resonator but the Main thing being the head
And these parts have been approved by Bella🙂
20240420_175304.jpg

Bella Approved! ,If it's Bella approved it's true 😆

20240420_174305.jpg

And the thing that's holding me up is my cam.....I got a thrust plate style cam that my jeep originally comes with over the older pin and bolt setup I went with to run a billet dual roller setup.... So yeah my jeep woulda been running,or not cause here in Mansfield it's been raining cats and dogs for like a day&1/2🙃

Like if you guys would be interested into a build thread on my Lj,might be helpful for you guys and me& to also keep track of everything...
I like crawling rocks and hot rodding stuff,so if you're interested let me know,regardless I'll be doing a thread😁!

Swapped out the crumbling original heat shield for a NOS Mopar one. Also put the TSB recommended injector insulation on the #6 injector. The insulation solved my intermittent cylinder 3 miss fire, so I thought I'd try it on my intermittent cylinder 6 miss fire.

20240420_190537.jpg

20240420_191106.jpg

Swapped out the crumbling original heat shield for a NOS Mopar one. Also put the TSB recommended injector insulation on the #6 injector. The insulation solved my intermittent cylinder 3 miss fire, so I thought I'd try it on my intermittent cylinder 6 miss fire.

View attachment 520311

View attachment 520313

Where'd You get your heatshield ? I ordered one as well but it came to me in pieces....In my head i said "wow this really is New old stock dude......dayum 😆"
With that being said i just went with a DEI one instead! Also are your injectors in OK condition? I had that issue on my Lj due to the stock injectors being cracked...not even they were split,they didn't leak somehow but it was causing havoc for me for a few days ! Ordered some renewed 4 hole units from amazon and they have treated me right ever since after about 8k+ miles !

Reactions: mjonesjr84
Where'd You get your heatshield ? I ordered one as well but it came to me in pieces....In my head i said "wow this really is New old stock dude......dayum 😆"
With that being said i just went with a DEI one instead! Also are your injectors in OK condition? I had that issue on my Lj due to the stock injectors being cracked...not even they were split,they didn't leak somehow but it was causing havoc for me for a few days ! Ordered some renewed 4 hole units from amazon and they have treated me right ever since after about 8k+ miles !
The reviews show several that were broke at the small section between the left and middle piece. Mine was fine, it could see how it would break easily.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011VMXEHQ?tag=wranglerorg-20

Injectors look fine. Other than the Jeep getting the intermittent miss fire after it sits for 10ish minutes after shutting it off, it runs great. It only started doing that after the outside temps started getting hotter and I was running the AC keeping the engine at the 210-220 temps. I can see where with the heat shield being crappy allowing the fuel to vaporize in the injector. It would stumble for a few minutes after starting until the injector got good fuel pressure.

I thought about the DEI kit, but didn't since I wasn't planning on pulling the fuel rail. When I replace the injectors, I will probably get it.

Double check all grounds.
^^^ This.

I had an intermittent variable voltage. Turned out to be the ground from the block to firewall. Tightened it and problem solved.

With that being said i just went with a DEI one instead!
I used the full Design Engineering kit and resolved the intermittent heat soak issue.

The reviews show several that were broke at the small section between the left and middle piece. Mine was fine, it could see how it would break easily.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011VMXEHQ?tag=wranglerorg-20

Injectors look fine. Other than the Jeep getting the intermittent miss fire after it sits for 10ish minutes after shutting it off, it runs great. It only started doing that after the outside temps started getting hotter and I was running the AC keeping the engine at the 210-220 temps. I can see where with the heat shield being crappy allowing the fuel to vaporize in the injector. It would stumble for a few minutes after starting until the injector got good fuel pressure.

I thought about the DEI kit, but didn't since I wasn't planning on pulling the fuel rail. When I replace the injectors, I will probably get it.

Yeah the main reason i went with the DEI kit is because i was fed up of the injector issues, if it didn't solve the problem which it did thankfully! My jeep would've had new injectors and im only out like 140 bucks plus the DEI kit
With that being said the only thing on my jeep is just the heashield on the manifold and the fuel rail heatshield, I took off the injector shields off cause IMO they were starting to get yellow and ugly....kinda dumb but hey my jeep has had 0 problems in this Texas heat so far,ill see what happens but i should be fine....thats the plan atleast

Funny enough i bought that same heatshield from the same place you did 😆
Screenshot (471).png

Great news.... FINALLY GOT MY REFUND FROM AMAZON !!!! 🥳

View attachment 520315

Now I can roll the dice again with something else for the Jeep 🙄

Me too on the crappy cats. that were on my jeep ! Dont ever get the Evan Fischer setup and this goes for everybody ! Cant believe the actual catalyst tumbled inside,causing my exhaust to get soo clogged up that i was getting some blowby! My dumbass though it was my pistons
Long story short my jeep is getting new pistons, aluminum head, bigger cam, american racing headers and ect&ect. 😆 Its a damn snowball effect and i dont mind it....just my wallet though

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Reactions: Kiwi TJ