What did you do to your TJ today?

A mixed bag of weather over the last 3 days...roof was on then off and back on..doors the same ...back at work now and everything is back on again.....

Finally added my 3rd brake light. Had the parts for a while.

Loooong day of Jeep work. Got the new front axle seals installed and found out that whoever put the air locker in decided it was a good idea to make "o-rings" out of a 1/4" bead of silicone sealer to take up the space between the carrier and housing instead of using actual carrier shims. There's about an 1/8" gap on the right side after removing the silicone... :rolleyes:

Next: removed the gas tank to inspect and clean the inside, outside and underside. New fuel pump assembly on order.

Removed the rear coil spring spacers and installed new bump stops. Not only were the spacers installed erroneously (no other suspension parts upgraded to accommodate the lift), they were installed incorrectly.
Mo' betta
Readjusted new track bar afterwards.

Last but not least, opened the rear diff to look for the air leak. THANKFULLY, this one turned out to be an easy fix with no further fubar'd parts discovered. Just a leak at the plastic air line. Removed, cleaned, reinstalled.
Also cleaned all the old lube and crud out of the axle. Would have put it back together but couldn't find my RTV. So... done for the night.
Oh, and also discovered a missing bolt on the driver's seat.

Changed both front rotors, calipers and pads, threw the front Bumper on temp, then drove to work, still working on the 500 mile brake in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: RussTJ and JMT
Trifecta - I replaced the alternator, belt tensioner, and water pump. Had a squeak in the cold mornings, and figured it was the water pump, but figured as long as I was spinning bolts with the belt off and fan out, the other two were easy upgrades and had provided 100k plus miles and 15 years of service. Wished them a good retirement. Squeak gone.

20190224_152125.jpg

Did a coolant and heater core flush and change, (notice, no water drip) now my heat will melt your face off! Major PIA, but well worth it. Put on my stubby bumper end caps too last week, on to the next thing replacing my drive shaft CVJ's. Tried to get some photo's, but my Jeeps big sister keep photo bombing us with her rear end.

Sat in the garage and counted all the outstanding issues I need to repair this year

Speedo going wacky (either a hall sensor or I need to torque the nut on the output shaft)
Drive side axle bushing shot, along with pass. lower control arm loose (will be resolved when the new axle goes in)
Steering box loose (been putting this off for almost a year now:whistle:)
Rust on fenders (need to repaint)
Clean up rockers from last years rock rash
Emergency brake stopped holding a few weeks ago (maybe tighten cables)

Just came in from installing my "Jeep" door lights. :D They came with a little tiny magnet that you are supposed to 3M tape to a point adjacent from the sensor on the light unit. Well, me not thinking the whole thing through before I ordered them, (do you sense a trend here aka center console), LOL, I had to come up with a way to shut it off when the door closes. I grabbed the biggest magnet I could find and stuck it to the wall of the door frame. It works, but I will do something better when the weather gets nicer. :D. I only did the driver door for now, figured I would wait to do the passenger side once I come up with something.

I am thinking I may try to put the main unit inside the door panel, directly on the door and cut a little circle hole in the panel for the light to come through. At least that would hide the unit. This is dependent on if I can come up with something to shut it off with it being in the door panel. May have to cut a bigger hole to allow the sensor to pick up on the magnet better?? I will play with it more once it get nicer.

fullsizeoutput_3519.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3517.jpeg