What did you do to your TJ today?

I ended up out there when just driving around a few weeks ago. a hidden gem.
the way i ended up there was less fun. Went out for a dive in the sun after work and drove straight north then went straight west, ended up passing nexteer (not familiar with the area) and ended up in the slums of saginaw, my way out i went south and stumbled across it. nice place, roads were all very narrow and dusty out there.
It is a beautiful place. If you go shortly before sunset you'll see alot of deer. It's nice to see something like this so close to home. If you ever head up again, take Dixie hwy. Up to Curtis Rd. It takes you right in there.

Reactions: matkal
20190901_160721.jpg

Installed my roof rack... F@!-i°ng pain to install btw but couldn't expect more for the price.
No rattling though and now I can go get anything I want from Home Depot/Sears without having to worry if it fits!

Finally got around to a few maintenance items.
  • R&R'd all four O2 sensors
  • R&R'd the transfer case switch
  • defeated the beverage warmer feature.
  • Slurpee run (Faygo Orange!)- maintenance for myself and to test bullet #3.
My transmission floor pan cover/gasket is in need of replacement, but that wasn't the reason why I sipped hot Mountain Dew the other day. A couple months ago while changing the trans and t-case fluids, I found a plug that I couldn't locate the source. . . until today. The mystery plug was for the rear/main catalytic converter. The bung plug was likely removed when I had the new muffler welded in. The bung points right at the front cup holders, which no longer will instantly melt icy drinks.

Reactions: King Crab
Making this DIY Tailgate Video

I spent a little bit more than advertised. Dunno how he got that price but I paid around 50 bucks for everything I used. I'm also drilled in cupholder holes into the table and stained it grey to match my Jeeps interior. I could have just stained the wood but I wasn't fond of the whole school desk look. In any case, I'll have it completely finished tomorrow for a final result and breakdown of everything I did.

20190902_210305.jpg

20190902_210330.jpg

Reinstalled my gas tank and skid plate. Looks a little better now.View attachment 113016
I envy how clean your garage floor is. With all the disassembly, grinding, welding, and random parts from my project my work space is getting hard to work in. But I'm coming into the home stretch so a lot of the random parts floating around are beginning to find homes.

I envy how clean your garage floor is. With all the disassembly, grinding, welding, and random parts from my project my work space is getting hard to work in. But I'm coming into the home stretch so a lot of the random parts floating around are beginning to find homes.
I like to keep things tidy. Nothing worse than rolling around on the creeper and getting stuck on random debris.