What did you do to your TJ today?

I like your front bumper. Got any better angle pics of it? What brand?
Motobilt stubby

20191001_190349.jpg

20190909_150758_HDR.jpg

20190831_223013.jpg

20190901_123307_HDR.jpg

Reactions: TJ Starting
Removed 1.5 Din Seicane radio and installed 2 Din Alpine with 2 Din bezel from Crutchfield. Also installed Alpine power pack amp with 4x50w on rear of Alpine head unit to power my dash 4's and bar 6.5's. That with the 8" sub makes my system sound flipping amazing. It's so loud and clear even at highway speeds with top off. All amps and speakers matched up resistance and wattage wise. Plus the power pack mounts on the rear of the head unit in the dash.

View attachment 120307

View attachment 120308

View attachment 120309

View attachment 120310

After installing one of these in my LJ (with a different amp) I liked it so much that my wife wanted one in her khaki TJ. I hope you enjoy it too!

Reactions: taylormade73
Very nice. Those fenders are on my wish list as well, they really open up the wheel wells. Lift height and tires? The reason I ask is I'm getting the itch to go bigger and when I see a build I like I'm trying to gauge what it is.
I actually took the flat fenders off because I liked the OEM look. So, I was going to list them. However, I had slight rubbing of the fenders wheeling this weekend, which has me second guessing the switch. I'll probably leave it as is since I'll be doing a 1.25" BL soon, which should elimnate the rubbing, as it was slight. I currently have a 5.5" suspension lift on 35's.

Last edited:
Reactions: mgroeger
I actually took the flat fenders off because I liked the OEM look. So, I was going to list them. However, I had slight rubbing of the fenders wheeling this weekend, which has me secons guessing the switch. I'll probably leave it as is since I'll be doing a 1.25" BL soon, which should elimnated the rubbing, as it was slight. I currenlt have a 5.5" suspension lift on 35's.

Nice, very nice. I have a 2" lift with 1.25" BL and 33s. Want to move to 35s and will probably need to go a tick higher. You have an LJ Rubi so you probably didn't need to do anything with your drive shaft. Do you know how much higher I could go and not have to get a SYE and double carden shaft?

Nice, very nice. I have a 2" lift with 1.25" BL and 33s. Want to move to 35s and will probably need to go a tick higher. You have an LJ Rubi so you probably didn't need to do anything with your drive shaft. Do you know how much higher I could go and not have to get a SYE and double carden shaft?
Thank you. I installed a Tom Woods DC rear drive shaft and removed the 1.5" TC drop the PO installed. Actually removed and replaced all of the suspension components that the PO put on other than the springs and shocks. I would read the thread on "https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/a-beginners-guide-to-lifting-your-jeep-wrangler-tj.733/" It will tell you all you need to know about various lift heights and requirements.

Thank you. I installed a Tom Woods DC rear drive shaft and removed the 1.5" TC drop the PO installed. Actually removed and replaced all of the suspension components that the PO put on other than the springs and shocks. I would read the thread on "https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/a-beginners-guide-to-lifting-your-jeep-wrangler-tj.733/" It will tell you all you need to know about various lift heights and requirements.
I think you're right at the threshold at 2" in needing an Sye and DC drive shaft. With that said, every TJ and LJ is different in what it needs. What works for one may or may not work for another. So use the recommendations based on your setup as an initial guideline and adjust everything accordingly based on what your TJ tells you it needs.

Man doesn't that piss you off? I hate getting things shipped that look like they were handled by a gorilla with an attitude.
I will not buy anymore Yukon parts. Poor packing from begin, shipping acident just waiting for happen.. hope my dana35 dont explode because bent shafts or Other

I see you have the later trim, how hard was it to install with the trim?
Honestly at first it was a PITA fitting it back in with the grabar in place. Second one was easier since I placed the hole in the correct spot. First one I had to dremel the open slightly bigger because it was off by a touch. Overall not bad if the holes are in the right place.

Reactions: Carter6
First mod I’ve done in much longer than I’d like, swapped out the exhaust. I’ve been running the thrush welded muffler for about 2 years and decided I wanted a little more noise. Magnaflow took care of that. Only annoying part with the install is that you also need a longer exhaust hanger which they don’t provide.
02D66710-1530-403B-AD37-8B84D09272EB.jpeg

First mod I’ve done in much longer than I’d like, swapped out the exhaust. I’ve been running the thrush welded muffler for about 2 years and decided I wanted a little more noise. Magnaflow took care of that. Only annoying part with the install is that you also need a longer exhaust hanger which they don’t provide.
View attachment 121235
Is the thrush pretty quiet? I had to get medieval with my dynomax super turbo and was just gunna replace it but thought I'd throw out some feelers.

that looks pretty sweet. is it quiet-ish? I'd be worried about the pipes getting crunched by something hanging out just under the rockers. does it interfere with your rear driveline at all?
When you push on the go peddle it gets noisy. They exit right in front of rca frame mounts and rear tires. Driver side crosses just under the dc joint on the driveline right behind the skid. The muffler bodies are 12". When you're just rolling along it's just a nice low rumble. Of course everyone at the stop light wants to race you.:ROFLMAO:

drove around with a HUGE smile after going to 4.88 gears (from 4.10's). Wow, just......wow.

And then I ordered a speedo correction box from yellowbox, waiting on it, and have a bunch of things to address and other parts to install as well. Remove makeshift suspension lift installed by previous owner, install new springs, New control arms front and rear, RCV front axle shafts, alignment, check ball joints, move Sirius antennae to get rid of static caused by engine, fix passenger side swaybar disconnect, clean and then clean more, find place to permanently mount dual band antennae, replace winch controller plug in, and I'm sure I will find other things. Going to be some fun days ahead!