What did you do to your TJ today?

Did some troubleshooting on my sound system. Subwoofer was doing wonky stuff so I disconnected the remote bass adjustment and seems to be working as it should. Re-packed and freshened my little survival bag.. shovel, jumper cables, tools, first aid, tie downs, winch remote and other misc goodies.
1575251632771.png

Well I've wanted to post to this thread since I got my 05 LJR last June. Within the first week it stalled on me 60 miles from home, that turned out to be the dreaded PCM issue. I ended up getting (while holding my nose) a replacement from FS1 that worked and still is working. I understand a lot of other folks haven't been so lucky with FS1.

Since then I used it for a daily driver until Thanksgiving week when I got a week off from work, and was able to get it onto a lift at the shop I work for.

Saturday I completed the MetalCloak 3.5 short arm lift, and once I finish dialing in the alignment I'l be ecstatic. I also understand some folks don't care for MC, and I elected not to use their front track bar. Instead of drilling out my frame bracket I used a TeraFlex adjustable track bar and kept the tapered stud fit.

This was the first significant upgrade to my LJR, next is the tummy tuck from UCF. That's when I find out whether the skid plate bolts will come out of the nutserts.

Don

Well I've wanted to post to this thread since I got my 05 LJR last June. Within the first week it stalled on me 60 miles from home, that turned out to be the dreaded PCM issue. I ended up getting (while holding my nose) a replacement from FS1 that worked and still is working. I understand a lot of other folks haven't been so lucky with FS1.

Since then I used it for a daily driver until Thanksgiving week when I got a week off from work, and was able to get it onto a lift at the shop I work for.

Saturday I completed the MetalCloak 3.5 short arm lift, and once I finish dialing in the alignment I'l be ecstatic. I also understand some folks don't care for MC, and I elected not to use their front track bar. Instead of drilling out my frame bracket I used a TeraFlex adjustable track bar and kept the tapered stud fit.

This was the first significant upgrade to my LJR, next is the tummy tuck from UCF. That's when I find out whether the skid plate bolts will come out of the nutserts.

Don
Welcome to this thread. It doesn't get the attention the main "What did you do to your TJ Today" gets, but it's our little special place for those of us on the long bus. Btw, pics are required to post on this thread; otherwise, you might be a TJ spy.

Edit: good luck with the nutsert.

Yes I slipped up there haha I'll get right on when I get back from work. (y)
@oldtimer as request I present to you....Jeep Santa Hats.!!(Held on with unseen safety pins) I did this last year too and they stay on really well.
santa hat1.jpg
santa hat2.jpg

My first Jeep in my 70s - 03 Sahara, 110 k miles (why not?) I replaced the fuse for the dome light (with info from members), painted the headlight bezels and door handles (rustoleum satin black textured), and installed new right rear Extreme Terrain body armor (PO had busted his). Should I paint the hardtop black? Previously downloaded UGA arches logo and had local sign shop print a vinyl decal for the wheel cover.

DCCC8312-9539-475E-A817-39361C21B202.jpeg

2B979360-E67B-4A19-AEDF-465791E7C57E.jpeg

8BFC7630-4DF1-4EEA-BB1D-2EAE8C1EB328.jpeg

A0B0D360-8647-43FC-9EF4-8DF36BAF1AE7.jpeg

Mounted my 8ā€ Alpine Type-R to the tailgate. I used some aluminum angle stock and drilled them into the tailgate, then mounted the box to them. I came across this setup on Facebook Marketplace for $75, offered him $60 and got it. Perfect setup for my needs, going to give it about 500 watts from a Rockford amp under the drivers seat.
78919A17-233F-4E41-BFEA-11230491AD56.jpeg
FCA5CCD7-BBCC-4FD5-AA56-78E95E338861.jpeg

Mounted my 8ā€ Alpine Type-R to the tailgate. I used some aluminum angle stock and drilled them into the tailgate, then mounted the box to them. I came across this setup on Facebook Marketplace for $75, offered him $60 and got it. Perfect setup for my needs, going to give it about 500 watts from a Rockford amp under the drivers seat.
View attachment 127509View attachment 127510
That should give some thump. How do you like those led taillights?