What did you do to your TJ today?

Installed the new front, rear, & cargo mats my wife gave me for our 24th anniversary.
20200217_123719.jpg

Was supposed to be a "fun" day instead of a work day yesterday but it definitely turned into 3 solid hours of
work. Got new bumper on and frame tie in brackets attached. Before anyone asks, that's a thin layer of fluid film between the bracket and the frame rail.

All reviews made the bumper install sound effortless and indicated the frame brackets might give me trouble. The exact opposite was true and the bumper required some janky ass tricks to finally get on. The brackets could not have fit and set up more easily. Amazing product.

View attachment 140769View attachment 140770View attachment 140771
Which tie ins are those? Looks good

I actually have a whole cooling system in the mail right now, mopar water pump and mopar radiator with all new gates hoses.

should be done in the spring, but it seems to be coming sooner. i think you've got alot bigger of a project than mine.

looking like in about 2 weeks we will have a few days in the upper 40s, but ill definitely do the cooling system when its warmer than that.

im expecting to be in Western Colorado again around july-august and am looking to get out to the mountain passes, Imogene or black bear pass.... id like to know the vehicle maintenance history prior to getting to those altitudes and distance from home so short of replacing the brake hoses im about done with my upkeep/prep work for now.

currently as of now, ive put about 6k in parts into the jeep since acquiring last june 🤑
Ahhhh, Imogene, what a amazing trail. Enjoyed every minute of it.

Finally installed my JKS links!! :D Only had to have hubby come out and knock off the old passenger link. I didn't feel like doing that part so I played the damsel in distress role. LOL I did the rest though. :D

I still need to drill and tap a hole so I can install the studs to put them on when they are disconnected, but I'll wait for a less windy day.

View attachment 140849

How do they compare to the stock links in your opinion? I have Moog direct replacements and they're alright, been looking at these though...

How do they compare to the stock links in your opinion? I have Moog direct replacements and they're alright, been looking at these though...

I have no idea. LOL I only drove it down the street and back. Couldn't tell the difference in that short distance. I go to work tomorrow so I'll let you know tomorrow sometime. :D

Reactions: bedhed and Tomcat
These are what I am using and am pleased with. Someone else on the forum recommend them.
iBrightstar Newest 9-30V Super Bright Low Power 1156 1141 1003 BA15S LED Bulbs with Projector replacement for Back Up Reverse Lights,Brake Lights,Tail Lights,Rv lights,Xenon White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0721FNCWP/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I have those same bulbs as reverse lights too. They work well.

However I have the Quadratec LED tail light kit on the way.

I have those same bulbs as reverse lights too. They work well.

However I have the Quadratec LED tail light kit on the way.
I tried some Walmart back up bulbs and although they were whiter, they were not brighter so I returned them. Very tempted to pull the trigger on the Quadratec LEDs. Please post your review.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
As far as I understand the Savvy does not light up the license plate, requires moving the license plate, and does not come with the relay. One advantage to the Savvy is they are low profile.
You are correct. Just looked at the back of the lights on the QT site. The relay should not be a hard thing to get though.

Something like this will solve the issue and should be a fairly simple mod.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MYXNLZ5/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Edit: Found these puppies on Amazon that may be cheap enough to try.

LED tail lights

Last edited:
Reactions: bedhed
I think you have to cut a notch out of your factory license plate mount too for clearance with the Savvy light. If you use the mount, that is.

Reactions: bedhed
I have no idea. LOL I only drove it down the street and back. Couldn't tell the difference in that short distance. I go to work tomorrow so I'll let you know tomorrow sometime. :D

I've just read that they're beefier and can last forever if you keep them greased and maintained. I've never felt like the existing links, the original stockers and the subsequent moog replacements, are especially sturdy or reliable for anything other than road driving...