What did you do to your TJ today?

Did some cleaning with the bissell spot clean. This was the water after one pass :sick: could definitely rinse and repeat but I have seat covers.

20200515_185018.jpg

20200515_192819.jpg

20200515_192900.jpg

Does anyone know what the purpose of this bushing? Mine have all broken off. But everything still seems to function fine.

20200515_192944.jpg

Last edited:
The window sticker thread had me wondering what my LJ cost new. I went to Monroneylabels and input my VIN. In order to get a copy it cost $8 but it’s always there to review when I log in.

Their site also has all the options so you can adjust the window sticker if it’s wrong, that screenshot is from the options tab.

cool! I’ll have to check it out

Did some cleaning with the bissell spot clean. This was the water after one pass :sick: could definitely rinse and repeat but I have seat covers.

View attachment 161465

View attachment 161466

View attachment 161467

Does anyone know what the purpose of this bushing? Mine have all broken off. But everything still seems to function fine.

View attachment 161470
I think they keep the seat from moving up/down a fraction of inch.
You can get newones from here https://www.etsy.com/shop/StableSeat

New front upper control arm bushings (the driver side one is a huge pain in the ass)
Changed the dropped pitman for a stock one. Drives so much better, no more bump steer.
Centered steering wheel and adjusted tie rod ends to equal length.

Installing Savvy shift cable and removing t-case drop brackets tonight.
Need to pull valve cover and check for loose rockers. Has a slight tick at higher RPM. Nothing at idle. Might just replace all rockers and seats if I find any wear.

So, earlier this week, I replaced the passenger seat belt because sometimes the seatbelt would get stuck between the cover and the receiver and wouldn't latch properly. Since I was furloughed today I took the old one appart to see what had caused it. It looks like the back of it was missing some material. That allowed the latch mechanism come out and then to slide up in the cover and not be tight. I think if you are experiencing this, it could be repaired by sliding the sheath off that goes down to the bolt and putting something to hold the mechanism tight against the sheath, (then slide the sheath back up.) I swapped mine, so I didn't need to try to repair it. I had another use in mind for the broken one.

20200513_174855.jpg20200515_095050.jpg20200515_095103.jpg

I was able to take the old cover and Dremel it out to make a cover for one of the seat belts for the back seat. Mine was missing it's cover. I had to completely take the receiver apart so I could slide the cover over it. I then put the receiver back together and slide the cover up. A zip tie is holding the cover in place. (The holes were already there, so I decided to use them.) The shape of the cover is slightly different, but it is better than just the raw uncovered mechanism.

Before
20200111_080628.jpg

After
20200515_113251.jpg

I finally got around to wiring up the connection for a trailer. I've had the parts for 6 months. Pretty easy install. It just plugs in behind the driver side taillight up in the wheel well.

20200515_143955.jpg

I also had time to level the driver side headlight. It was at about a 5 degree tilt. (A result of too much liquid courage during installation probably.) All better now.

20200515_143940.jpg

All in all, a fun day tinkering on the Jeep.

Mounted my full size spare after finally sourcing a brand spanking new 33” BFG AT it still had the sticker on it.
Also my tire swing out catcher is installed, need to clean up the metal and hit it with some paint after I recall what exactly I used to paint the bumper with 3 years ago.

9DEEEFCE-E23C-4115-854D-CE8518948571.jpeg

EB856706-6EF3-4961-A1F5-4D17E86218E0.jpeg

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Charged my A/C. I installed a Jeep Air retrofit kit a couple weeks ago, but today it finally got warm enough outside to fill it. Replaced the heater core while I was at it, and it's a good thing I ordered one. The old one was starting to seep a little and probably would have let go eventually.