What did you do to your TJ today?

Where do you have your relays located? And did you replace/bypass the factory blower relay for the highest speed setting? I'm replacing the motor, resistor, and switch this weekend, and am contemplating the relay mod
I bypassed all the setting wires from the switch, so i guess no to bypassing the high speed relay. Didn't realize there was a relay in that circuit. If there is, i guess i could have gone with one less relay.

I just put the relays in a row and electric taped them together. I just just shoved them into the dash opening before putting back on the HVAC controls. Been fine for at least 10 years.

Reactions: IrishWake
At only 5" 9' would I need to sit much further forward with the seat risers? I am happy with seat position/steering wheel for comfort but I just cant see beyond the hood which feels strange when driving in tight traffic lanes causing me to correct my lane position all the time!

Cheers
I’m 5’11. Installed 1.25” homemade seat risers. Finally happy with my seating position in my LJ. Never had an issue in Yj’s

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Thanks for the tip. This is this first time dealing with it since owning the Jeep. I am not convinced that the Resistor I purchased is not defective. I am going to return this one and grab another in case. Don't want to throw money at it aimlessly
I had a bad resistor the first time I switched mine out too. Made troubleshooting a bit of a challenge.

Reactions: LieutenantJohnson
I had a bad resistor the first time I switched mine out too. Made troubleshooting a bit of a challenge.
Well that gives me hope! My new resistor is waiting at the parts store. Will report back once I swap it out again tonight.

It sure does suck for troubleshooting/eliminating possible causes.

Reactions: Viking Jeeper
Gave it a bath

7001EA60-22B0-41C2-9992-67FA2CD1BF65.jpeg

Only my highest setting on my Fan blower is working. So I replaced the Motor resistor under the glovey as that is USUALLY the symptom of failed resistor.... well still doesn't work.

I guess I am throwing more $$$ on this junk. Stupid how in 05/06 Chrysler decided to change the climate control. You can't just replace the Blower switch, you have to buy the WHOLE assembly :mad: Process of elimination now. Hoping a new assembly solves it.
Check the switch that controls the fan speed. When I had this problem the back of the switch had melted some and was causing issues along with the resistor.

I found an entire switch panel on eBay for a TJ with out a/c, so I just took the switch off of it and put onto my control panel. Later, I learned you could still get the whole panel. Pricey though.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...ew-hvac-fan-speed-switch-or-hvac-panel.22043/

Reactions: FarFire70
Well 2nd time is a charm! Just put in a new Resistor and all settings work. The 1st one was clearly used as you can see in the pic and didnt come in bubble wrap sealed like the 2nd one did. Glad I didn't have to spend a night chasing wires..

20210304_171019.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got the new OME springs and the Rancho shocks put on! Turned into a bit of a shitshow.

Had a talk months ago with my mechanic about swapping out the old skyjacker 2 inch spacer lift and shocks for some new OME 2 inch lifted springs and shocks. Well monday was finally the day I decided to get the stuff installed. Tuesday afternoon he called me saying it was a SOB to get done but, it was finished! Well I get to the shop and noticed the Jeep look much taller. I realized pretty quick that they installed put the skyjacker spacers on top of the new springs🤦‍♂️

20210302_155904.jpg

Yeah my mechanic wasn't too happy when I told him those had to go lol. Fast forward a few more days and I finally get the call that its all finished, for the second time lol Looks like it turned out pretty good and I'm liking how its riding compared to the worn out skyjacker lift!

20210304_172749.jpg

20210304_172848.jpg

Are those 31s?

That’s pretty much the stance I’m after maybe a bit less rake.

Which ome springs front and rear? Right now I have the 2933 and 2942 in my cart.

I figure I’ll add spacers to the front to level it if needed.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Put in a new double din! Just upgraded the factory 4x6 to new Sony xsr-4646. Completely redid all the wiring and have a new Blaupunkt amp coming that is tiny! Thinking of mounting under the steering wheel behind the dash. More amp1804bt. If the deck poops out I can connect to the amp through Bluetooth!

Reactions: matkal
After trying about a dozen times and many many hours to get the old door hinge sleeves out...I finally got my mechanic to do it for me before I needed therapy !! 🤪
After him battling for a few hours (haven't got the bill yet) he got one side done. I'm sure he was joking when he said he never wants to see my jeep again haha.
I'm booking in for the other side next week. 😬 Even after putting in the new plastic sleeves the door wouldn't go all the way in without ALLOT of fiddling

Are those 31s?

That’s pretty much the stance I’m after maybe a bit less rake.

Which ome springs front and rear? Right now I have the 2933 and 2942 in my cart.

I figure I’ll add spacers to the front to level it if needed.

32's

I went with the 2933 and 2942 springs!

Picked up front drive shaft after it was straightened, balanced, and u joints replaced. Reinstalled it this evening. About 2/3 of my vibrations have been eliminated.

I felt like doing some more testing so I removed the rear drive shaft and rode around in front wheel drive. Vibration was still present so it is definitely all in the front end. Interestingly, the vibrations at 70+ mph were reduced about 90% as long as I was on the gas, when I coasted they were louder than with normal rear wheel drive.