What did you do to your TJ today?

I have to fix this boo boo on the top fender bolt soon. Any ideas? whats going on behind this body panel? I can't seem to access it from the footwell area so i'm not sure if it's completely blind. I'm thinking spot heat, drill, then extractor? if that fails drill then maybe try to re-tap?

IMG_E0288.JPG

Currently just fit one half door on the Jeep. The passenger side seal was replaced with the type that had a track. Yet the driver side doesn’t, you can tell the lack of detail on the track door that it doesn’t belong. This begins the process of transformation. The bolt to remove the lock on this door is super stripped too. Guess I’ll be ordering the correct gasket.

View attachment 245891

View attachment 245892
Take the frack off and pitch it,get new seal and drill holes for it to snap into

Reactions: Dunkut88TJ
Reactions: Ephry73 and Midtenn
I got rid of the old dry rotted BF Goodrich ATs that were on it when I bought it. Replaced them with a fresh set of 31x10.5 R15 Iron Man All Country A/T tires and replaced the beat up Canyon rims with some Ravine rims that I found on a local Facebook marketplace. MUCH better ride!View attachment 245574
Super nice ride.

I have to fix this boo boo on the top fender bolt soon. Any ideas? whats going on behind this body panel? I can't seem to access it from the footwell area so i'm not sure if it's completely blind. I'm thinking spot heat, drill, then extractor? if that fails drill then maybe try to re-tap?

View attachment 245923
I ended up drilling and tapping. Don't remember what size.

I ordered the same caps from Crown. Different stops. I think mine are black. I like the yellow.
I attempted this a while back but the 6 ton jack stands I bought weren’t tall enough.

I have a 4” lift, which is common around here yet y’all are able to accomplish this with just standard 6 ton jack stands. Maybe there’s a technique I’m missing.

Well, I thought the tailgate was ready for color. Turns out it’s not, so I have some more work to do. But that said, I was pretty happy with the match considering there’s no clear on it. I'm really looking forward to getting it on for good.

View attachment 246060

View attachment 246061
I think the match will be solid once you hit it with the clear! Did you use automotivetouchup.com paint?

Reactions: Tldelaney
I think the match will be solid once you hit it with the clear! Did you use automotivetouchup.com paint?
No, this is just the Duplicolor Chrysler PS2 match, which appears to be very close or identical to PSB. I used the Automotive Touchup on my last Jeep and it was good as well. I figured I'd get this on for now since it's available locally and is much cheaper. If I end up unhappy I'll just respray when I paint my father's Willys pickup since I'll have an HPLV setup then.

No, this is just the Duplicolor Chrysler PS2 match, which appears to be very close or identical to PSB. I used the Automotive Touchup on my last Jeep and it was good as well. I figured I'd get this on for now since it's available locally and is much cheaper. If I end up unhappy I'll just respray when I paint my father's Willys pickup since I'll have an HPLV setup then.
Nice, it looks like a great match. I’m waiting on all my paint for the interior and exterior to do my half doors.

Reactions: Chief Brohician