What did you do to your TJ today?

I bought the PRP daily drives and am very happy with them. Much more comfortable than the originals. Really a nice upgrade.
I
PRP Seats.jpg

Mine got a complete brake job in the front, as well as the ZJ tie rod upgrade.
I was also going to replace ball joints, hub/bearings, and universals, but a few rounded hub bolts (thanks PO) changed those plans.
The only issue I had upgrading the tie rods was my choice to use it as a teaching opportunity for my son. He didn’t quite get my explanation of a click type torque wrench, and was waiting for it to breakaway. Needless to say, he over-torqued the passenger side by 2x. It took some doing to get it separated without destroying the boot, but I got it eventually.

. He didn’t quite get my explanation of a click type torque wrench,
Don't feel too poorly about that. I've watched endless numbers of mechanics and tire monkeys keep going after it clicks. I just ask if they are going to keep going after it clicks, why bother with the torque wrench?

Don't feel too poorly about that. I've watched endless numbers of mechanics and tire monkeys keep going after it clicks. I just ask if they are going to keep going after it clicks, why bother with the torque wrench?
I don’t. Once I explained what he did, he paid even closer attention. He didn’t have any problem after that.

I *think* I've finally tracked down a rattle that's been driving me nuts since I've owned my LJ. After jiggling everything I could think to on the front end I discovered that the passenger brake caliper had one slide pin bushing that was worn to the point of wiggling. Every little bump in the road and you'd hear it. Replaced it the other day and it's about half as bad now. Discovered the driver's side has the same condition. If the weather holds out after work that one is getting replaced as well. Luckily it's doable with the tires on the ground because I don't have a garage at the moment.
I have been dealing with the same noise. You have given me something to look for. Thanks

Reactions: bstrobel64
replaced the fuel rail heatshield with the full DEI kit. my heat shield looked like new when I acquired the jeep but has appeared lately as though a mouse had sorta made it a nest by how much the foil and fiberglass had separated.

Not saying it was due to the DEI kit as it was more than likely just a new heat shield, but my idle stumble seems to have gone away.

Reactions: L J
The interior and the grill are practically the same color. The interior shot is closest to what it will look like.
The rims and bumpers I posted above are a darker green which will be on the rock rails, tire carrier, bumpers.
The lighter green of the grill will be the rest of it and all the body color will be the same including the rock rail backers.

View attachment 271955View attachment 271956
Is this your own jeep and what inspired the color?

Finally got around to getting the other side done. Seemed to fit "better" on this side, but the battery tray wasn't going back in without clearancing. Same thing is necessary for the ABS mount on the driver's side, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I will when I mount my ARB compressor. Still another 4 hours to do the passenger side, but that actually included drilling for both hoot latches and wiring up the turn signals. At least it was cloudy all day!
View attachment 271266View attachment 271267View attachment 271268
Nice tires! ☺️

36D71D75-864D-4F90-8853-69A563E512C3.jpeg