What did you do to your TJ today?

Not today actually but in the last few days I finally got around to swapping out the amp for a 5 channel Picasso nano and modifying the none-sub console for two 6.75 kicker shallow mount subs I picked up on sale.
I pulled the insert and cut it down and made a new bottom with sheet metal and sprayed it with flex seal for vibration damping.
Cut a ring out of a 1/2" cutting board to give a rigid enough mounting surface.
Put the right sub as far back as possible and high enough to clear the P-brake.
Put the left sub down and forward. It leaves enough space in the console for what I store there (a pen, gum, tums, baby wipes, wallet, flashlight)
Looking for another console to do it again a little cleaner but I'll probably die with it like it is.
I used the rear speaker grills from my old Cherokee but think I'm gonna buy some square flush mount grills and paint em to match. The Cherokee grills are bowed out and rub on the seat belts.
Overall happy with the results. Not a big audiophile and certainly not a heavy bass fan but they kick right into the seats and you really feel the hate when I play hate metal.

Lessons learned:
1. A jigsaw is better for cutting holes in the console than a dremel.
2. My Playlist is not really good for tuning an amp at 80% volume when there are kids around.
3. Sometimes, for me, measure twice, cut once turns into, measure twice, forget the measurements, measure again, cut, stop halfway through and measure again, write that shit down this time, lose the scrap you wrote it on, measure again, get more coffee, measure again, find the old scrap and use that, cut, cuss for 5 minutes trying to figure out how I'm gonna hide that last wild cut.

20210924_113119.jpg

20210921_131956.jpg

20210921_143434.jpg

20210921_193800.jpg

20210921_193806.jpg

20210924_143358.jpg

20210924_143416.jpg

20210924_145005.jpg

20210924_145758.jpg

20210924_163805.jpg

20210924_165037.jpg

20210924_165032.jpg

I did a tow hitch delete and tow hook replace and I was really, really, REALLY lucky.

These are the driver side (left) and passenger side (right) bolts that tied the hitch into the vehicle's bumper mounts.

20210925_182254.jpg

There was not much rust on the frame or the hitch, but something wore the heck out of that passenger side bolt.

All I can figure is it was not tight and the hitch vibrated it down.

Here's another angle that better shows the wear:

20210925_183126[1].jpg

I had applied some Kroil and waited about 30 minutes before I started turning a breaker bar, but I dodged a MAJOR headache.

The tow hook I bought came with a good bolt, so it replaced the passenger side bumper mount bolt. The worn bolt was used on the end of the tow hook just until I can get a proper replacement.

20210925_183126[1].jpg

Last edited:
Installed a hood louver panel. Used a cutoff wheel at first, was slow and was burning the paint. Remembered inmates on here had used a jigsaw with good results. They were right, jigsaw is the way to go. I also prepped my skids and rear bumper with bedliner, may install those tomorrow. Fortunately my skids didn't take the route of @Wildman 's, and only took a day longer than originally estimated.
20210925_122321.jpg
20210925_141421.jpg
20210925_155451.jpg
20210925_122326.jpg
20210925_122331.jpg

Installed a hood louver panel. Used a cutoff wheel at first, was slow and was burning the paint. Remembered inmates on here had used a jigsaw with good results. They were right, jigsaw is the way to go. I also prepped my skids and rear bumper with bedliner, may install those tomorrow. Fortunately my skids didn't take the route of @Wildman 's, and only took a day longer than originally estimated.
View attachment 279392View attachment 279393View attachment 279394View attachment 279395View attachment 279396
Air nibbler beats jigsaw

Ingersoll Rand EC300 Air Nibbler https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KS6GQKY/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: Wildman
I park my Jeep in the garage in a bad neighborhood and I usually disconnect the battery and lock the hood down with a pad lock. Let's just say this process is time consuming and annoying. It keeps my battery charged and prevents anyone from stealing my Jeep.
So I decided to look for a quick disconnect by the battery terminal but I found remote control version for $39 on ebay. I got it this week and hooked it up today. After spending very little money and less than a hour to hook up. I can say I would recommend this cheap way to keep your Jeep safe. This disconnect kills the power to the Jeep and once the Jeep is running the device doesn't turn off the Jeep. It's only active when the Jeep is turned off.

Screenshot_20210925-203946_eBay.jpg

Last edited:
I park my Jeep in the garage in bad neighborhood and I usually disconnect the battery and lock the hood down with a pad lock. Let's just say this process is time consuming and annoying. It keeps my battery charged and prevents anyone from stealing my Jeep.
So I decided to look for a quick disconnect by the battery terminal but I found remote control version for $39 on ebay. I got it this week and hooked it up today. After spending very little money and less than a hour to hook up. I can say I would recommend this cheap way to keep your Jeep safe. This disconnect kills the power to the Jeep and once the Jeep is running the device doesn't turn off the Jeep. It's only active when the Jeep is turned off.

View attachment 279434
Simple idea, I like it. So I'm guessing you have to reset your radio stations every time you flick the remote to switch off the battery then ??

Reactions: John Cooper
Repainted my rear bumper and finished off the spare wheel carrier too....unfortunately I got trigger happy with the rattle can I painted my tow bar as well...I actually wanted to grind the rust off that first.. 😒

(It was supposed to be Satin Black but it's bit too shiny for my liking, so I'm hoping its dulls down a bit )

IMG_0818.jpg
IMG_0819.jpg
IMG_0822.jpg

I thought about installing one of these for those late nights in the wilderness. What kind of drinks does it serve, besides PBR? Does it hold peanuts too? Does it have LED flashing party lights? 🥳
Americas finest :) PBR that is! American craftmanship in the slops tray, Peanut= me for thinking surco might be sort of a quality jeep accessories maker.
I will get some black "Cross bars" when I buy my "roof" rack wont be Surco that's for sure!

rr01.jpg

rr02.jpg

Americas finest :) PBR that is! American craftmanship in the slops tray, Peanut= me for thinking surco might be sort of a quality jeep accessories maker.
I will get some black "Cross bars" when I buy my "roof" rack wont be Surco that's for sure!

View attachment 279440

View attachment 279441
Hmmmmm? What is the red pill? Opposite of the blue pill?

Replaced the hvac blower motor resistor. The ac and heat now work on all settings (only 3 & 4 prior.)
When ac is on, I hear a tick every 10-15 seconds. When it’s on heat, or off, I do not.

Looking like I might need to replace the ac compressor now :(
Anyone familiar with this and wanna tell me better news?

Reactions: Only TJ's