What do you do for a day job?

I work on the sales side of a large automotive distribution company. I normally travel 3-4 days a week, but have adapted to working from home since late February. I was coast to coast, but last year switched to a Midwest focused role. I am ready to get back out in the field, but dont think it will happen soon.

• Sad
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I work on the sales side of a large automotive distribution company. I normally travel 3-4 days a week, but have adapted to working from home since late February. I was coast to coast, but last year switched to a Midwest focused role. I am ready to get back out in the field, but dont think it will happen soon.
Yeah I don't think they will be having us back in office any time soon. there is currently only 4 of our team in the office. and they were the ones who couldn't initially work from home due to either lack of stable internet or computers.

Yeah I don't think they will be having us back in office any time soon. there is currently only 4 of our team in the office. and they were the ones who couldn't initially work from home due to either lack of stable internet or computers.
My wife is in medical billing. They will be evaluating a return to the office in Sept. Her boss seems to think it will be unlikely to happen in 2020 at all. We have vacation planned in late November that we are concerned will need to be canceled.

I work for a robotic engineering and manufacturing company that makes end of line automation systems for factories. My specific job is to build/layout/setup the system the engineers designed for the customer, find/document/correct any problems that we find during the setup and wiring phase, work with the engineers on troubleshooting any issues or customer changes, and when it gets the customer's approval we tear down the system and ship it to them. Its a interesting job and has taught me a lot about being handy

Reactions: Hog and TJ Starting
I am an ecologist for a small consulting/design/build firm (12 people). Our big projects involve river restorations and other water resource projects. Smaller projects include environmental regulatory projects; wildlife surveys, smaller wetlands work, etc...

One of the cooler projects I am working on is the San Miguel River in Telluride, CO. It runs along the valley floor and during the old mining days was flushed with mine tailings, leaving huge heavy metal deposits and poor fish habitat. The river was also modified to run in a long and straight stretch to allow for mining operations. The operations have long been gone. We are cutting a new channel, away from the metals, bringing the river back to a natural shape, and re-vegetating the site.

In past consulting jobs I performed a lot of regulatory permit work for cell tower construction as well as reclamation efforts/monitoring for oil and gas sites.

I am an archaeologist for an engineering firm and have been working from home/the field since February and I am pretty confident that I‘ll be working from home the rest of 2021. My TJ is my DD so my build is 50/50 comfort and off roading (primarily camping). Working from home is nice to do some of the easier build stuff, but anything major I set aside a coupe hundred bucks every paycheck and every three months I have a welder/mechanic do something for me haha

Reactions: TJ Starting
One of the cooler projects I am working on is the San Miguel River in Telluride, CO. It runs along the valley floor and during the old mining days was flushed with mine tailings, leaving huge heavy metal deposits and poor fish habitat.

are you primarily running into Mercury in the waterways due to the tillings? Around this area a lot of the rivers are posted not to eat the fish and sometimes hunting deer due to high PFAS concentrations due to ground water leaching from contaminated sites running into the river and moving downstream.

are you primarily running into Mercury in the waterways due to the tillings? Around this area a lot of the rivers are posted not to eat the fish and sometimes hunting deer due to high PFAS concentrations due to ground water leaching from contaminated sites running into the river and moving downstream.

Main element is lead. And lots of it. They have postings in town warning of the levels 😳

• Sad
Reactions: Squatch
I work 2 jobs...one as a foreign exchange dealer buying and sending money overseas for Importers and Exporters in New Zealand and Australia.
(Small company not like Wolf on wall Street) lol
1596067233336.png

and secondly, I work some evenings and weekends doing maintenance work for another small company (anything from concreting, painting, demo work or framing etc )

'I work 2 jobs so my Jeep can have a better life' pretty much sums it up (y)

Fielded systems engineer on F-35s, formerly a Lexus/Toyota/Honda/BMW dealership technician. Also in the USAF reserves working F-35 sortie production/weapons. Jets make me money, cars make me happy. Never happier than when I got to put my toolbox in my own garage for good.

The wife stays at home with the kids, so she doesn't work :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Machinist. We do anything from basic repairs to medical parts to aerospace work. Lots of aerospace work 😅 I’ve made parts that have gone into people’s spine, made the tools they use in surgery etc. I do manual and CNC work, but specialize in wire EDM work. Anybody on here have Trex decking? Depending on what style you have, I most likely made the molds for them. I know I did their “Enhanced” series molds.

We also had our FFL for a few years and made custom AR platform rifles and modified guns
17C9CA92-92A5-48A4-9C14-73ACC763A317.jpeg

882DAD13-BE99-4CEF-A501-E1DC445B8B62.jpeg

Last edited:
I work for a robotic engineering and manufacturing company that makes end of line automation systems for factories. My specific job is to build/layout/setup the system the engineers designed for the customer, find/document/correct any problems that we find during the setup and wiring phase, work with the engineers on troubleshooting any issues or customer changes, and when it gets the customer's approval we tear down the system and ship it to them. Its a interesting job and has taught me a lot about being handy
That sounds fun. Do you mess with those crazy 5 axis arm thingies?

Reactions: THEREALJIM
Field systems engineer on F-35s, formerly a Lexus/Toyota/Honda/BMW dealership technician. Also in the USAF reserves working F-35 sortie production/weapons. Jets make me money, cars make me happy. Never happier than when I got to put my toolbox in my own garage for good.

The wife stays at home with the kids, so she doesn't work :ROFLMAO:

My brother builds those.