What has been your favorite understated modification?

I just put a set of 4 horns (ACDF) from a 92 Buick Roadmaster from the local junkyard (the one's from all the Cadillacs were already gone). It was tough finding the space but now my Jeep sounds like a muted trainhorn. It is not as loud as the compressor kits but definitely has the tone. Now I can get someone’s attention and sound like a pimp's ride at the same time. A satisfying mod.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For daily driving:
  • New head unit and speakers
  • Homemade mesh top (summer use)
For off-roading:
  • Hand throttle
  • In cab winch controller
  • Ammo can OBA
  • Warn engine/transmission skid
  • RC transfer case skid
There's probably more that I can't think of right now.

Reactions: jjvw
06 TJ, GenRight extended range gas tank, Trucklite LED headlights, a sunshade to keep the bugs out when I slide the top back, took a used Rubicon center console sub package refurbished, and added new Kicker sub speaker, Bartact seat covers, Onyx XM sat radio.

By far, my favorite understated mod, center console sub.
20151122_130709.jpg
20151122_130722.jpg
20151122_132726.jpg
20151122_123055.jpg

Reactions: jjvw
Try googling tj wrangler center dash cell phone mount... That's my best guess on where to start.

Dirty dog 4x4 sun shade (first mod and still one of my favorite

Ram mounts for my phone (mounted beside the cigarette lighter) road GPS (mounted in front of the top footmans loop) and trail GPS (mounted beside the gauges and holds the gps beside the wheel in fingertips reach)

In cab winch controls (havn't ever used a remote on this jeep)

And the single best mod for my jeep that has no effect on RTI preformance is a Mazda 3 :D

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Reactions: JMT and Fouledplugs
My Oogah Klaxon style horn...compared to the stock one its loud and gets peoples attention...plus its a great way to embarrass my youngest when I drop her off to school sometimes hehe
Blue interior LED's on dash and floor well...Cheap and easy mod

Harken Hoist for my hardtop is the most subtle, valuable mod so far
Rockford Fosgate PS-8 mounted on underside of rear seat, completely hidden, easily removable, yet sounds fantastic
Tapping my lower perch for bumpstops is an important mod that I am proud of

Rockford Fosgate PS-8 mounted on underside of rear seat, completely hidden, easily removable, yet sounds fantastic

I like that idea....That slides under the back seat?... doesn't seem like there is a lot of room under there.(unless there more room under the seat on later model TJ's)

I like that idea....That slides under the back seat?... doesn't seem like there is a lot of room under there.(unless there more room under the seat on later model TJ's)
No, it’s actually on the seat. The RF PS-8 is a compact powered sub, with dimensions about 14” long by 9” wide and 3”deep. Since it’s not very deep it is possible to mount it to the bottom of the seat (with a homemade mount, of course).