What is this extra Warn M8000 part?

EugeneJeep

Hey everybody. So I just bought a M8000 winch from craigslist and there seems to be an extra part. It looks like a T-max solenoid? Any idea what this might be used for? The original owner wasn't sure because he never used the winch. Thank you in advance for any suggestions or comments. Here's a couple pictures.
20200907_150305.jpg
20200907_150252.jpg

Reactions: TJ Starting
my M8 didn't have that in the box. and those wires look a little thin to support that much draw through a switch.

The black box labeled Contactor Controls contains the relays that control the winch. That box should have the heavy gauge wiring leading out of it that connect to three big lugs on the winch motor. Go to www.warn.com and download the M8000 install instructions.

That other box doesn't appear to have anything to do with the M8000.

Last edited:
I found this after a bit of looking. “T Max Integrated Remote Control Solenoid Module For Land Rover All Models”. I was hoping that it had a specific/unique use for winchin.
9C500841-2234-4E53-BCF3-1FE338E1A5B5.png

It's just a standard winch contactor. Most new winches use them and it'll work fine on any modern series wound winch as long as it's within the current rating of the t-max winch that contactor was designed for. T-max does make a 500A contactor that looks just like that and it would work just fine on an M8000.