What long arm kit?

No, they're actually mid-length arms. They just have an outstanding geometry design.
Thanks ...I know I'm oversimplifying it, just trying to comprehend...I see some triangulation going on it seems.

I may have to Johnny Cash some of it
I drove mrblaine's TJ with a mid-arm suspension for a half hour or so offroad and on the street and all it did was make me desperately want one.
Let See short arm
Wheels Tires
Dana 44 front
Body Lift
Tuck
Sye
What you think 12-14 grand sound about right

I just picked up 8 currie arms, I have the rockjock sterring, Have to decide on springs and shocks, On my slow journey to 35's If money isn't a problem look at the mid arm kit from savvy. Only thing better than than is double triangulated 4 links front and rear. I wouldn't bother with long arms much anymore. jmho..,

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Let See short arm
Wheels Tires
Dana 44 front
Body Lift
Tuck
Sye
What you think 12-14 grand sound about right
Sounds about right but you can save some significant $$$ by keeping the Dana 30 and just replacing its 27 spline carbon steel axle shafts with 27 spline 4340 shafts. They're more than up to very tough trails with 35's and lockers.

Sounds about right but you can save some significant $$$ by keeping the Dana 30 and just replacing its 27 spline carbon steel axle shafts with 27 spline 4340 shafts. They're more than up to very tough trails with 35's and lockers.
I don't know I might need that 44 there some awfully mean looking parking curbs at the Mall

Not true at all. . Have you even ran long arm. I've ran both and long arm is way better ride. But hey I'm just a mechanical engineer and don't know what I'm talking about. The angle of the arm has everything to do with the transfer of energy from the axel through the arms.
shocks and tire psi determine your ride quality, not arm length(for under 4-5" of SL). most here will argue and back that up

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Besides it would equal out my front to rear balance since I have a 44 in back kinda like having two holsters with a 22 in one and a 44 in the other really messes up your balance makes you walk funny
I hear you but the front axle doesn't typically see more than about half the load the rear axle does. After breaking a front shaft on a tough trail I replaced them both with hardened 4340 shafts with the same diameter and no more problems.

Reactions: D M
Stock Jeep
Jeep.JPG

Same Jeep After Extreme Modification

Dozer.JPG

Cost about 35000
30 cases of Beer
2 Cases of Whiskey
and 6 months of marriage counseling

Ive always had one question though, why do people like downtravel over uptravel? And I don't mean this in a rude way to anyone, but everyone online or in person I see who has bolt on long arms ex RE or RC 99% have no idea what Instant Center or Antisquat is. (Now im not saying im an expert on these things, but I do know a little and am continuing to learn). They all say the same thing... "droop is better", and yeah when you get to a point, drooping 8" of down travel really pulls the axle off center and towards the center of the jeep on short arms(hence axle hopping and light front ends on climbs, i think) and longer arms would benefit, but without a coilover or custom shock, you are going to make a trade for example a 12" travel shock, 8" down leaves you with 4 up. Say you have 35s with 4 up and 8 down, thats not worth it imo especially if you wheel in an area that uses lots of uptravel (johnson valley?)
Edit:spelling

Last edited:
Reactions: rasband
Thats the one I have been lustfully looking at, how are its street manners

I've been daily driving the Savvy mid arm for as long as it has been on the market. It rides exactly as well as the shocks allow it to. In my case, that means it rides extremely well.

Last edited:
Ive always had one question though, why do people like downtravel over uptravel? And I don't mean this in a rude way to anyone, but everyone online or in person I see who has bolt on long arms ex RE or RC 99% have no idea what Instant Center or Antisquat is. (Now im not saying im an expert on these things, but I do know a little and am continuing to learn). They all say the same thing... "droop is better", and yeah when you get to a point, drooping 8" of down travel really pulls the axle off center and towards the center of the jeep on short arms(hence axle hopping and light front ends on climbs, i think) and longer arms would benefit, but without a coilover or custom shock, you are going to make a trade for example a 12" travel shock, 8" down leaves you with 4 up. Say you have 35s with 4 up and 8 down, thats not worth it imo especially if you wheel in an area that uses lots of uptravel (johnson valley?)
Edit:spelling

Long trapeze arms and monster droop is much more exciting to look at. Actual performance is irrelevant.

Also, building for up travel is much harder to do than making down travel is.

These threads need to have a warning or something ...if you are defensive, easily offended, or just not well financed enough or have a shaky marriage, it may be bad.

• Haha
Reactions: Tob, D M and Vasq