What long arm kit?

If that were true, then by extrapolation more flatterer equals more betterer. Go ahead and move your front lowers up behind the axle tube and let me know how that works for you.
and just like arm length there is a point that passing can become more worser than betterer..

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
I don’t know.....that looks pretty awesome
Especially looking at it across the mall parking lot.

5BB208D7-D252-42FE-B7CF-AA8FD8B74F3A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: D M
Chris, good question.

I define long arm as being any suspension that has arms longer than stock.

From a suspension design stand point the instant center of a longer arm suspension is more controllable than a the factory the length suspension arm design. The factory design arm length at factory ride height keeps the instant center below the vehicle center of gravity. When adding lift to a stock design the instant center quickly start to be located above the center of gravity of the vehicle. Thus the short arm lifted TJ or LJ suspension dynamics become unpredictable.

But like everything in suspension design there are compromises. What works for my intended use may not work for you.

Too bad there is not a way to correct for this with factory length arms.
jeepwest1.jpg

I have a Full Traction setup, and really like it, it’s is way better than my old short arm kit, or any short arm kit I’ve ever been in. I’ve done some tweeks here and there to it and have some more planned but I have no complaints. I’ve had it since 08’ I think.
Do you have the 3 link rear end? I've been looking at the Full Traction 6" long arm SRS suspension system, I think that's the one I'm going to upgrade to.

I've been looking at the Full Traction 6" long arm SRS suspension system, I think that's the one I'm going to upgrade to.
My personal opinion is that would not be the best decision. There is no such thing as a good bolt-on long suspension system. I installed one years ago and it was later when I figured out why more experienced friends were snickering at my choice.

No it dosen't have to be a 6" lift or Full traction for that matter. I am going to go with a triangulated 3 link rear , out board the shocks. And the benefits of no sway bar

No it dosen't have to be a 6" lift or Full traction for that matter. I am going to go with a triangulated 3 link rear , out board the shocks. And the benefits of no sway bar
There are zero benefits of taking off the sway bar only negatives.

Reactions: D M
Outboarding the shocks can really help but losing the antiswaybars won't be of any help where a coil spring suspension is concerned. In fact you'd actually do better with an Antirock antiswaybar up front and the factory antiswaybar in the rear with extended links. Neither causes a reduction in usable flex or articulation. Stop drinking the antiswaybar kool-aid. Even competitors running similar suspensions in the King of the Hammers run some form of antiswaybar. Really. Savvy Offroad is one KOH competitor constantly winning their classes with f/r antiswaybars.

I'm running f/r antiswaybars (Antirock upfront) and my rig has great flex/articulation for the occasionally very tough rock crawling trails it enjoys doing.

These are several photos I took years ago of John Currie's Fireant rig he won the overall championship with in the ARCA rock crawling series that preceded King of the Hammers. Notice he's running front and rear antiswaybars.

2002_0921_123805AA.JPG
2002_0921_124018AA.JPG
2002_0921_124616AA.JPG
2002_0921_134818AAsmaller.jpg