What PSI for 35X12.50R15 tires on 15x8 wheels on the trail?

KCNoDots

TJ Enthusiast
I was looking through the FAQ and cannot find a thread on it.

I was planning on airing down to about 12-13 psi. The lowest I have ever been is 18psi. I am on stock TJ Canyon wheels (15x8"). How low should I be going to be safe and not worry about slipping off a bead? Terrain is AZ desert.

Thanks all

Edit: @Chris I am sorry I posted this in the FAQ pages, can you move it?

Last edited:
before i had bead locks i was running 15x8 rims with 35x12.50x15 i was running about 8 psi on the trails with the bead locks i may go as low as 5. that is what is appropriate for the trails i run the majority of the time here in Colorado. On an easier trail, I usually won't air down that much, maybe to 10-12 psi.

Reactions: KCNoDots
before i had bead locks i was running 15x8 rims with 35x12.50x15 i was running about 8 psi on the trails with the bead locks i may go as low as 5. that is what is appropriate for the trails i run the majority of the time here in Colorado. On an easier trail, I usually won't air down that much, maybe to 10-12 psi.
Thanks for your input! I believe my TJ Canyons are 15x8 as well.

I run my 35s down as low as 7. It can depend on the tire too, load range and sidewall stiffness play a big roll.

When I ran MTR’s 35’s on a 15x8 wheel, I found that just a few pounds of pressure made a noticeable difference in traction. Used to run 10-12, then tried 9psi and was much happier with their performance.

I was planning on airing down to about 12-13 psi. The lowest I have ever been is 18psi. I am on stock TJ Canyon wheels (15x8"). How low should I be going to be safe and not worry about slipping off a bead? Terrain is AZ desert.
You can safely air those 35's on 15x8 wheels down to 8-10 psi when you need to. I regularly did that while wheeling rocks before I got beadlocks.