What tires are you running?

Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3 LT315/75R16 ("metric" 35's):

After first day in the dirt.jpg

Ran 31x10.5r15C Duratracs on my stock Ravine wheels for awhile, and liked the tires. I recently bought new ATK Mojave II 17x8 wheels, and I am now running 255/75r17SL Duratracs. I'm liking the narrower tread for icy roads and cutting through snow in MN (hardtop and full doors went on for winter after taking this picture).

View attachment 34783
Where’d you get your bull bar and what kind of lift are you running?

Reactions: Nicholas
How do the Cooper STT Pros work in the snow?

EDIT: Ugh, so many options and all of them appear to be great.

BFG KO2, Goodyear Duratracs, Cooper STT Pros... How is a man to choose?? lol

Last edited:
For those of you who have had these tires, which ones have had the best on-road manners?

BFG KO2, Goodyear Duratracs, Cooper STT Pro

I liked the tread pattern of the cooper stt. So i bought a set of 33s. The will be installed next week. (Pendind me finshing the front gears) Probably not the best way to choose a tire but mine isn't a dd its for fun. I dont have to worry about how its going to handle on the daily commute.

I have not run all these tires, and you may be hard pressed to find anyone who has. I have run the BFG K02 on a truck and they ran fine. On the Jeep I have run GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar and the Cooper STT Pro’s. I prefer the Coopers for their onroad manners. I think they are equal off-road.

I would think Duratracs would have the best onroad performance, then the BFG KO2, then Coopers. For off-road performance I would reverse that order.

If they all appear to be great, then you can’t go wrong, just choose the one you like the most!

I have not run all these tires, and you may be hard pressed to find anyone who has. I have run the BFG K02 on a truck and they ran fine. On the Jeep I have run GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar and the Cooper STT Pro’s. I prefer the Coopers for their onroad manners. I think they are equal off-road.

I would think Duratracs would have the best onroad performance, then the BFG KO2, then Coopers. For off-road performance I would reverse that order.

If they all appear to be great, then you can’t go wrong, just choose the one you like the most!
I didn't think I'd find anyone that had, once you find one you like, you tend to stick with it.

I'm just a "be prepared" kinda guy. I want the tire that has it all. Lol. Every time I look at one, I think, "Well, what if this happens..." and talk myself in circles.

For instance, I doubt I'd need a mud tire, but if I head out to AEP to fish, I know they have tons of mud after it rains. But, 95% of the driving will be on the road, if not more.

I overthink things too much. Lol. Choice paralysis and all that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: JMT
I didn't think I'd find anyone that had, once you find one you like, you tend to stick with it.

I'm just a "be prepared" kinda guy. I want the tire that has it all. Lol. Every time I look at one, I think, "Well, what if this happens..." and talk myself in circles.

For instance, I doubt I'd need a mud tire, but if I head out to AEP to fish, I know they have tons of mud after it rains. But, 95% of the driving will be on the road, if not more.

I overthink things too much. Lol. Choice paralysis and all that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Then you should find this page fun! Some of the reviews are out of date, but still interesting to see how a variety of off-road tires fared on different terrain.

http://www.offroaders.com/tire-reviews/

Reactions: CybrSlydr
I still like the Goodyear Wranglers, I know that they are sorta stock(ish) but they look tough and ride really well :)

are the Duratracs fairly quiet and good on gas?

They are decently quiet. My old KO2s were a little quieter but the Duratracs are a close second. The duratracs are little better in wet conditions. My gas mileage is about 15-16 mpgs which is a combination of city and highway mileage. When I drive it to work I drive 19 miles one way. I have 245/75/16 with 3.73 gears and a 6 cylinder with a 5 speed.

Reactions: CybrSlydr
Ran 31x10.5r15C Duratracs on my stock Ravine wheels for awhile, and liked the tires. I recently bought new ATK Mojave II 17x8 wheels, and I am now running 255/75r17SL Duratracs. I'm liking the narrower tread for icy roads and cutting through snow in MN (hardtop and full doors went on for winter after taking this picture).

View attachment 34783
What bumper bull bar is that?

I run KM2 M/T on all my jeeps. Yes, they get noisy, start to cause drift and can wear funny but when you get into the red snotty clay in the Carolina's you need to let it fly.