• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

What's everyone running for aftermarket headlights?

Tjtravis

What’s everyone running for aftermarket headlights and how do you like them?

Jcraig

Supporting Member
Thanks for your question. Hope the responders to this thread will include pricing.

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Check out this thread:

Paparock1

Angry SE
Supporting Member
I went with knock off china lights. They are much brighter than stock. The down side is that the low beams have too wide of a pattern, their like a flood light. I get brights flashed at me from on coming traffic. They also were flickering randomly and would go out and come back on. I cut the electrical connecter off and just crimped on some blade wire connectors and that has fixed that problem. Overall I like them

Reactions: Tj Starting

DaveC

TJ Enthusiast
KC HiLites H4 55/60 watt. $111 shipped to the house. Much, much, much brighter than stock and good patterns on both high and low beam. Very happy with them.

Reactions: AustinJeepTJ

LJGreg

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
@TJ Rubicus I have those same lights. Just a heads up, they flicker pretty bad in our Canadian Jeeps with DRL. They are fine once you turn your headlights fully on. I have some JW Speaker pwm harnesses in the way which hopefully solve the problem.

oldjeepman

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I have JW Speakers, Had KC gravity pros before but like jw light pattern better. Kinda wish these were heated.

RaymondT

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I have the Truck-lite 7" lights. 2-3/4 years later, still going strong. No flicker with DRL's. $249.95 Cdn ea (about $185.00 U.S.).

Last month, I made half a dozen 250-mile highway trips in the middle of the night and did I ever appreciate the investment.

EJD

TJ Overlander
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I have the KC Gravity LED Headlights and they are amazing! Even while off the give the vehicle a sharp appearance but the beam pattern is incredible with these. Highly recommend them but the price is on the higher end, if you search around i'm sure you'll be able to find them for a little cheaper.

Jcraig

Supporting Member
Check out this thread:

Thanks Chris. Answers so many questions.

Reactions: Chris

Willys LJ

TJ Enthusiast
I kept it simple and cheap when I replaced the stock sealed beams. Hella E code H-4 conversions. One hella improvement over the stock ones. And I'm not blinding every one else on the road.

Reactions: AustinJeepTJ

bobthetj03

vibrajeep
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Hella E-Code housings, Phillips Extreme Vision +100 H4 bulbs.

Rubihara443

I’m just running an upgraded harness and it is only 25 dollars. Uses the old headlight circuit as a trigger for relays connected directly to the battery. I would get it before you add aftermarket headlights because even if it doesn’t do what you want, the headlights you end up buying as a replacement will get full voltage and work that much better.

Reactions: bobthetj03

Tldelaney

would love if the chinese started copying the new JL Mopar LED headlights. Would give us a clear option for those who dont like the smoked black look of fake trucklights or JWspeakers.

alittleoff

TJ Enthusiast
I've been running the same Cibie Z-beam housings since the late 80's. They were on my old FJ-40 up until 2004 when I got the TJ. I had the original TruckLites for a short time but didn't like hot and cold spots they threw out and they also iced over.

707kevin

Supporting Member
These may be the most popular ones on the forum: Truck-Lite (27270C) LED Headlights (Chinese Knockoff Version)

For a good read on how these things perform, check this thread out: Replaced Headlights w/Truck-Lite Knockoffs
I have these and like them.
I think people hear "LED knockoffs" and assume they are all the same. Those chinese ones that look like a grid of LEDs aren't anything like these. The ones that look like 2 or 3 dome shaped lenses aren't like these either. A lot of the chinese ones just flood light everywhere, but the trucklite knockoffs seem to have a much better cutoff & beam, even though not as good as the real deals.

For the price, the truck lite knockoffs are pretty darn good. They cut off good enough. They're bright. They're heavy and well made.