What's on your winter upgrade / TODO list?

So, I'm trying to justify lockers and went up into the Jemez Mountains where it's been wet and has some tough rock sections in certain areas and I just can't slow the TJ down, not one bit. I've never used my winch to rescue my self either, only a Hummer in the snow a couple of years ago. At this point the only real up-grade worth the investment might just be a sound system upgrade! Maybe a T-case shifter kit.

#1 priority is the cup holder LED lighting 😆

Seriously about to pull the skid plate to drop the trans and rebuild. The reverse is so grounded down it takes two hands pulling and pumping the clutch to find reverse. Would like to drop the fuel tank and remove all the evap canisters and other epa stuff I no longer need as well.

These are just my wants/ideas, so nothing for sure yet:

1. 17” Beadlocks
2. 17” tires
3. Corner armor
4. Genright 0” Boulder’s
5. Touch up frame, bumpers, and sliders
6. Tie Rod Flip (have parts)
7. Frame raise (have parts)
8. Keep learning about suspension geometry

Last edited:
Reactions: L J and MikeE024
1. Get back to my Jeep (and give it a hug)
2. Change the engine oil and rear differential fluid
3. Install used Savvy trail doors
4. Contemplate paint matching trail doors
5. Swap out Method wheels for AR Outlaw II wheels

6. Store Jeep until the end of May
7. Dream about installing a turbo
8. Dream about getting back to my Jeep in May

Looking forward to the 2023 version of this thread.

Edit: Scratched off some items

Last edited:
Bumper swap, and new winch soon. Removing fake diamond plate that was on it when I bought it... hoping it doesn't remove all the paint when it comes off. Always looking for something to tinker with in garage during winter

Bumper swap, and new winch soon. Removing fake diamond plate that was on it when I bought it... hoping it doesn't remove all the paint when it comes off. Always looking for something to tinker with in garage during winter

Maybe a heat gun will help the process. Best of luck!

Reactions: inkedrose
Yes so far so good on my 2018 3.5. I’ve never had a truck with this much torque. 470 at 2000 rpm it always there
Yes so far so good on my 2018 3.5. I’ve never had a truck with this much torque. 470 at 2000 rpm it always there!

ford claims 420 lbs. of torque on my 2016 with the newer ones like yours having even more torque. 90% of that is available from idle to redline. had a 2012 with the 5.0 and the ecoboost shames it in hp and torque.

Reactions: MikeE024 and GPK03X
My interior is out and sitting in the shop floor, hood and cowl are off. I guess I'd call it an overall refresh. Replacing a pile of worn parts, stripping and painting a bunch of stuff, maybe the whole thing. Just finished the stripping floor pans, rustproofing and painting them with "rubberized coating". Cut out some rust on the rocker and welded in a patch. New exhaust parts waiting to go on. I should prob update my ancient build thread as I go. :)

I have a few items on my radar…

• Need to install the fuel rail/injector insulation.. been having intermittent heat soak
  • Find and restore a set of half doors..
  • Bartact seat covers, lumbar pillow & seat warmers (order on Friday)
  • Big 7 cable upgrade from JeepCables.com
  • Change the LCA’s (hoping to do it before November
  • Change the transmission and TC fluids
  • Install a supplemental OBA quick release someplace in the rear of the rig
  • Maybe bumpers…. Don’t really need them
  • Would love to build a stroker, so I’ll continue my research and daydreams

Reactions: 707kevin and L J
Here is my somewhat short list:

I need to swap my very tired 42rle for a somewhat less tired 42rle I picked up.

Redo the wiring on the E92 seats I installed so the side bolster adjustment works

Install front fox 2.0 (alltech tuned) shocks with poly towers (I did the rears months ago)

New injector o-rings, new intake manifold heat shield, install the new exhaust manifolds I have with a new manifold gasket too

Install the grand Cherokee v8 hood Louvers (maybe—still trying to decide on these)

Reactions: L J and JMT
Here's my Just-Empty-Every-Pocket thigs to do in November: :love:
  • Going to regear to 4.56 and rebuild rear LSD
  • Changing RMS, oil and pan gasket
  • Changing rocker arms (a bit ticking)
  • Changing rear hinges with some HD
  • Electric valve on the exhaust to be loud sometimes via switch
  • Fix that annoying whistle sound from a/c compressor bearing (anyone did this replacing the clutch kit or just the bearing? )
Later maybe a couple of 1541H axles for the Dana 35 & upgrading from 31s to 33s.
Of course first I have to buy HD steering components and tummy truck too (still thinking about this but don't really need it).

Jeeppa.png

Front and rear TJ rubicon axle swap. The front axle needs a new locker so I’ll most likely put a torq locker in there. I seldom drive it in winter weather so I’m not worried about it misbehaving. Thankfully the air bladder is fine so I’ll keep that as a spare. Along with the swap will go new brakes, control arms and diff covers.