Where to get a new or rebuilt PCM?

I have a 01 Sahara and it keeps kicking up P0300. Multiple cylinder misfire, but only when the Jeep is cold. I’m thinking bad solder joints from the usual issues, it runs great
Any ideas
Thanks Jim

Well, finally I guess I am looking into this. I've been chasing intermittent stalling issues (and an array of associated codes that all seem to be red herrings) for over 2 years. I just sent an email to Mark to get some thoughts. If I choose to go that route, I may pop my existing one open just to see what's in there and if there's any hope of investigating a little myself... probably more to come.

Though I’m hopeful it’s just the connector, which seems possible and could just need a fabricated backing plate to hold them in better.

Last edited:
Well, finally I guess I am looking into this. I've been chasing intermittent stalling issues (and an array of associated codes that all seem to be red herrings) for over 2 years. I just sent an email to Mark to get some thoughts. If I choose to go that route, I may pop my existing one open just to see what's in there and if there's any hope of investigating a little myself... probably more to come.

Though I’m hopeful it’s just the connector, which seems possible and could just need a fabricated backing plate to hold them in better.

Get a spare PCM anyways. That's what I did with mind. I got one from Mark because I figured even if mine isn't bad, I want one around just incase. Not to mention that if I ever think my PCM is failing, putting in the spare will be an easy way of troubleshooting it to rule out the PCM as oppose to going through any of the typical testing procedures.

I figure with PCMs no longer being made and starting to see them fail now, it's a good idea to have a spare, even if you never end up having to use it.

Coming up on 9 months of use now on one of Mark’s Wranglerfix.com PCMs in my 2006 Rubicon. I’m very satisfied. Have had no issues at all since I first put it in. Mark was great to deal with and my Jeep runs great. Highly recommended. Jeep is now 14 years old, it went through 2 OEM Mopar PCMs, over the years which eventually deteriorated and produced the usual reported symptoms. Luckily I found out about Mark by reading through forums on the internet, I think might have been this one. Anyway, the Wranglerfix.com PCM has worked for me. I’ve been driving it hard over the past nine months in both Arizona, USA and in British Columbia, Canada. Wanted to give it several months of use before chiming in with a positive review.

Not sure about this company , but they have them in stock.
https://www.fs1inc.com/jeep-ecu-ecm-pcm.html

Before you order from this company, check out their reviews on Google. Doesn't look encouraging. I may have gotten swallowed into a black hole myself. I hit the order button before I checked the reviews. Trying to cancel the order now...Highpockets

Reactions: Wranglerfix
Before you order from this company, check out their reviews on Google. Doesn't look encouraging. I may have gotten swallowed into a black hole myself. I hit the order button before I checked the reviews. Trying to cancel the order now...Highpockets

Yes, never, ever order from FS1.

I ran across some PCM’s on DeadJeep.com. Deffinetly used not remans. But seemed to be on the cheaper side, like $300.

I ran across some PCM’s on DeadJeep.com. Deffinetly used not remans. But seemed to be on the cheaper side, like $300.
I went with Wranglerfix.com, talked with Mark before I got a second PCM. I am very happy with his service and did not have to send the old unit in. It has been working very well for months now. I would buy from them again!!!

If you can get it cancelled, definitely order one from wranglerfix.com!
I bought one from Mark at wranglerfix for my father-in-law and his has been running great for several years now.
I wouldn't order one from anywhere else.

After a whole rigamarole with replacing the OPDA and cam/crank sensors on my 05 4.0L i6 Manual, I am currently experiencing limp mode at 2500rpm and struggling to start. The system is saying that the cam and crank are out of sync (as expected for symptoms), however, the shop is saying that the PCM is not processing the signal to relearn the positions for the Cam/Crank sensors. We've flashed the PCM and tested all the lines with Volt/Ohm-meters. Anyone have any idea if this may be a repairable issue or am I looking at a replacement situation? Considering G7 computers for repair and either Carcomputerexchange.com or WranglerFix for replacements.

After a whole rigamarole with replacing the OPDA and cam/crank sensors on my 05 4.0L i6 Manual, I am currently experiencing limp mode at 2500rpm and struggling to start. The system is saying that the cam and crank are out of sync (as expected for symptoms), however, the shop is saying that the PCM is not processing the signal to relearn the positions for the Cam/Crank sensors. We've flashed the PCM and tested all the lines with Volt/Ohm-meters. Anyone have any idea if this may be a repairable issue or am I looking at a replacement situation? Considering G7 computers for repair and either Carcomputerexchange.com or WranglerFix for replacements.
Call me at 866-888-7710 whenever you can.

Thanks,

Mark

You replaced the OPDA, when I did mine it was in the correct gear alignment and when I started it up ran great but as soon as it warmed up I’m guessing 160* from what I’ve read it popped a MIL and showed the same DTC you just got. I’d marked a couple reference points with a sharpie and was off just a tiny bit from my marks enough the PCM couldn’t compensate. The mm or 2 getting it back on the alignment marks made a huge difference and have not had the MIL or DTC return. What I’d try is take a felt pen mark reference points where you are now at trial by error try a mm or 2 in both directions juts by loosening the clamp and see if that clears it up.

I think I'm in the same position as you, but I don't think it's the computer that needs to be reprogrammed. In fact, I sent mine out to be reprogrammed, but I still have the same issues. Only thing is, mine only really goes into limp mode when it's cold outside. I think the issue is the gear on the cam shaft is worn, and when it gets cold out the metal constricts making the teeth on the gears between the cam shaft and the OPDA further apart. This causes the sensor to send the Jeep into limp mode. If I let the Jeep warm up to 210, shut it off, then start it up again. It goes out of limp mode, sometimes the check engine light will go away after driving for a bit.

Have you checked the gear on the cam? If you take off the OPDA and aim your cell phone camera down there, you should be able to get a picture clear enough to see the wear on the gear. Does you issues generally happen when it is cold outside? Does it go out of limp mode if you let it warm up, turn it off, then start it up again?

My PCM is showing P0106. That means that the next issue is with my 42LE transmission shifting. No new are available from MOPAR until estimated 12/31/2018. When ever I am told end of the year I get nervous. Also that costs 999.99. Ouch. Looked for a rebuilt. Nope none available. Finally found a shop in NY that does rebuilds. Now hoping....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey Bill, I know this is an old post. But, I just bought a new one from Wranglerfix.com. It works great. The owner, Mark, is a great guy and keeps you updated. I posted my install video....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZifZv64Le0