Work from home LJ

Here’s .032. I like this a lot. There’s a very thin line across the top on both drive and coast. Pretty centered. I know we’re nitpicking at this point but might as well do it right

IMG_6470.jpeg

IMG_6471.jpeg

Reactions: Mike_H
Asking a stupid question while I wait for pizza.

I put pinion nut on and started just barely with an impact. I’m sure I haven’t started to crush crush sleeve yet.

I’m well aware I shouldn’t overcrush sleeve but I’m guessing I’ll feel it start to crush in the impact/slight pulses with impact and checking with my hand?

I have inch pounds torque wrench and all that. I know spec, just curious if it’s obvious when it starts to crush or you just have to check every 10 seconds or so.

Asking a stupid question while I wait for pizza.

I put pinion nut on and started just barely with an impact. I’m sure I haven’t started to crush crush sleeve yet.

I’m well aware I shouldn’t overcrush sleeve but I’m guessing I’ll feel it start to crush in the impact/slight pulses with impact and checking with my hand?

I have inch pounds torque wrench and all that. I know spec, just curious if it’s obvious when it starts to crush or you just have to check every 10 seconds or so.

It will get to a point where it collapses very quick. 10 seconds is wayyy to long once you start to feel it tighten up. Once you know it is making contact, I go in like 1/2 second bursts and feel with my hand. If in doubt, I check with the torque wrench.

Reactions: SvtLdr
It will get to a point where it collapses very quick. 10 seconds is wayyy to long once you start to feel it tighten up. Once you know it is making contact, I go in like 1/2 second bursts and feel with my hand. If in doubt, I check with the torque wrench.

Yeah 10 was a way exaggeration. I just haven’t felt it tighten up yet. So I’ll stop worrying about it.

ha I am watching the end of your Dana 30 video right now

A tip from someone who just did this the first time:

Make sure you dont have anything on the yoke. I had a homemade tool holding it and that led to my reading being way off (and me being close to over tightening but not feeling sleeve crush).

Once I removed that tool I was able to get accurate reading (and see I was WAY under spec) and then just slowly walked up to 12-15ish inch pounds with half second impact turns

Get ready for the feeling of MAXIMUM SATISFACTION. Good job staying patient. The next gear setup will go more quickly. 👌

• USA Proud
Reactions: kameronkales
Thought I was going to pick up a hpd30/Dana 44 for a steal of a deal today but my guard was up with how cheap deal was.

That + guy wouldn’t agree to take a cashiers check in his name = pulling the 44 under my LJ to regear it instead.

(I don’t have any need for the hpd30 but guy wouldn’t separate)

No real updates in the last week. I learned the (hard way) I need knurled ball joints for new axle.

Amazon has decided 2 day prime = 5+ days so whenever joints show up I’ll button the front end up.

Got a few projects to do on my truck this weekend while I wait for parts

No real updates in the last week. I learned the (hard way) I need knurled ball joints for new axle.

Amazon has decided 2 day prime = 5+ days so whenever joints show up I’ll button the front end up.

Got a few projects to do on my truck this weekend while I wait for parts

Why do you need the knurled ball joints?