ZJ Tie Rod Conversion

Yep, not really worth pulling used parts. I was going to pull used stuff until I realized how cheap it all was new.
Yep, not really worth pulling used parts. I was going to pull used stuff until I realized how cheap it all was new.
MEN I DID IT! I found me a 1995 Grand Cherokee with a V8. Just sitting in the parts yard not wrecked just retired. Front still intact. I gave it a good shake! Solid! Since I had installed a new set, I called my buddy and he came right down and we removed the entire steering linkage and paid 10 dollars and some change. At this point I am a little perturbed I did not get this deal for myself. My friend thinks I am a good guy now. Here are some photos I am suppose to attach to upgrades and such. My Jeep, with the new stuff I paid for. And the other is of the GC.

Now I will update you all once the drag link and tie rod gets installed and tell you if it works well.

56848165316__71DCA085-743D-4626-BF0E-6033B5AAE88D.JPG

View attachment 71047

I’m a little confused here and wanted to make sure I got the right part.

I already have the zj conversion but my driver side TRE is going bad and needs to be replaced. I see the Moog ES3095R and the ES3096L

I assume one is left and one is right but amazon shows the 3096L at the pitman arm and the 3095R at the right inner.

Moog#ES3096L (1 at Pitman Arm and 1 at Driver's side wheel

And here is how I got confused.

which would be the correct one for the tie rod to the driver side steering knuckle?

I’m a little confused here and wanted to make sure I got the right part.

I already have the zj conversion but my driver side TRE is going bad and needs to be replaced. I see the Moog ES3095R and the ES3096L

I assume one is left and one is right but amazon shows the 3096L at the pitman arm and the 3095R at the right inner.

And here is how I got confused.

which would be the correct one for the tie rod to the driver side steering knuckle?
ES3096L

Reactions: Schwifty Rich
Just finished painting my ZJ tie rod and getting ready to install this weekend. Install looks pretty straight forward but is there anything the needs to be greased on the new tie rod once installed? I’m not familiar with greasing or zerks or anything related in that manner. And couldn’t find anything online outside of the install itself.

Just finished painting my ZJ tie rod and getting ready to install this weekend. Install looks pretty straight forward but is there anything the needs to be greased on the new tie rod once installed? I’m not familiar with greasing or zerks or anything related in that manner. And couldn’t find anything online outside of the install itself.
Yes, the tie rod ends have zerks you need to grease. Buy a grease gun and grease until boots are full. Also grease your other zerks up front. There are 7 in all

Yes, the tie rod ends have zerks you need to grease. Buy a grease gun and grease until boots are full. Also grease your other zerks up front. There are 7 in all
Thanks. What type of grease should I be using?

Reactions: ScottCO

Reactions: ScottCO