02' TJ - Capable daily driver

You never told me if the BF AT tires did good in the mud I wanna get some KO's when I size up to 35's
Oh right my bad! They did awesome. Handled everything good, i've heard some people say they're not the best in the mud, but they handled it great for me. Road noise is also super quiet. They seem like a great all terrain, especially if this is your daily.

Reactions: Vasq
BFGs are not good in the mud I regretabley play in. They plug up quick. Hell, the sticky clay I get into will plug up MTs.
That might be true, i’ve only gone off roading with them once and they handled it fine, but i’ll keep that in mind the next times i go and see if i notice it.

Here is a buddy in the Mud with 33" BFG AT's KO3's. He also has the 3.6L in that JK, so unlike our anemic 4.0L, he has to power to spin those puppies to try and clear them...No dice.

1622748049807.png

And because stupid is as stupid does, here is my TJ in the same pit with 33" BFG KM2's

1622748158267.png

Just to be clear, this is Michigan and our mud is a sticky clay. Its very fine, it gets in to everything and it packs down SOLID if you let it.

Here is a buddy in the Mud with 33" BFG AT's KO3's. He also has the 3.6L in that JK, so unlike our anemic 4.0L, he has to power to spin those puppies to try and clear them...No dice.

View attachment 256746

And because stupid is as stupid does, here is my TJ in the same pit with 33" BFG KM2's

View attachment 256747

Just to be clear, this is Michigan and our mud is a sticky clay. Its very fine, it gets in to everything and it packs down SOLID if you let it.
Yeah i think it's the mud that's making the difference. As @Vasq said, its mostly just dirty puddles with a few smaller mud spots, which is why i think the K02's handle fine for me

How much lift did you end up doing? I scrolled back through but I didn't see you mention it (i might've just missed it).

I think that's a great plan, it's almost exactly in line with what I've been doing. I think if you're going to do this in spurts, I would do:

- control arms / SYE / DC shaft / tie rod / track bars
then
- sway bar replacement / BBK / chromo shafts (really only needed when you jump to 35's)

The odd ball Is the axle swap. If I could go back and do things over I would have done the re-gear/lockers first, after making a decision on which tire size I wanted to stick with. But wanting to find a new rear 44 will just take time to find one unless you're buying new.
Jeep is coming along great!
Just wanted to check with someone more experienced than myself, there’s a decent deal on a metal cloak adjustable rear track bar nearby, do u think that it’s a good track bar for my build plan?

Just wanted to check with someone more experienced than myself, there’s a decent deal on a metal cloak adjustable rear track bar nearby, do u think that it’s a good track bar for my build plan?
On OfferUp? In Everett? 😁

I don't see why it wouldn't work, I would think a bar from their short arm kit would work as good as the next one. If you netted at least 2.5" of lift it should be able to adjust down enough.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: kiwi
On OfferUp? In Everett? 😁

I don't see why it wouldn't work, I would think a bar from their short arm kit would work as good as the next one. If you netted at least 2.5" of lift it should be able to adjust down enough.
Haha I thought it might be you but wasn’t sure. I see you’ve got the tank and skid for sale as well, i’m super tempted, but might just get the genright skid and use the factory tank. I’m going to think on the track bar a bit longer but your metal cloak seems like a good option! Just out of curiosity, what track bar did u switch to?

Haha I thought it might be you but wasn’t sure. I see you’ve got the tank and skid for sale as well, i’m super tempted, but might just get the genright skid and use the factory tank. I’m going to think on the track bar a bit longer but your metal cloak seems like a good option! Just out of curiosity, what track bar did u switch to?
I am trying out a JKS bar, the lift + tuck on mine rotated my axle a fair bit and the placement of the bends in the MC bar wasn't ideal.

That tank skid is specific to that tank, and wouldn't work with a factory tank. If you mean you're just gunna pick up a factory tank skid, I'd go savvy.

I am trying out a JKS bar, the lift + tuck on mine rotated my axle a fair bit and the placement of the bends in the MC bar wasn't ideal.

That tank skid is specific to that tank, and wouldn't work with a factory tank. If you mean you're just gunna pick up a factory tank skid, I'd go savvy.
Got it. I thought genright had a skid that works for the factory tank? Is there any skid that works on the factory tank but still increases ground clearance?

Got it. I thought genright had a skid that works for the factory tank? Is there any skid that works on the factory tank but still increases ground clearance?
Genright does make a steel skid for the factory tank, but it's heavy and, in my opinion, overpriced as well as limiting you to factory relations to the axle and ground

the savvy one has two sets of holes so if you add a 1" body lift down the road, you can suck the tank up an addition inch.
The tank I have for sale also requires a 1" lift, but it also holds extra fuel.

If you can find stock gas tank skid for cheap it might be worth it ive slammed mine on some rocks and its done just fine and the it costs way less leaving room for other mods

Not much to update... But i’ve been looking at some sway bar disconnects, and found a set of JKS Quick Disconnects in good condition for 100$. Eventually i want to upgrade to swayloc or antirock but until i can afford those, does 100$ seem like a good deal for some JKS ones?

Not much to update... But i’ve been looking at some sway bar disconnects, and found a set of JKS Quick Disconnects in good condition for 100$. Eventually i want to upgrade to swayloc or antirock but until i can afford those, does 100$ seem like a good deal for some JKS ones?
I was going to get the jks but I bought the rubicon express since there usa made but for 100 bucks and if there in good shape thats not a bad deal.

Considering they're $175 new, $100 doesn't seem bad. But I don't know the going rate.